Low fps on a good laptop
Hi,

I have a laptop with Intel i3 370M (SSE 4.1), 4GB RAM, Radeon HD 5650 1GB.
When playing Tekken 5, the number of fps is low (20 - 30 fps) which is curious because a lot better computer games works without a problem.
I have 0.9.8 version and the latest DirectX.
What should be the optimal configuration? I tried to change the configuration, but it did not improve the number of fps.

Sponsored links

That laptop is decent, but nothing that great.

Your CPU is only running at 2.4Ghz, so the "heavier" games (like Tekken) are a bit out of it's league.

Your best choice is enable some Speedhacks (trial and error to see what helps). Also, try setting the VUs to superVU in the Emulation Settings.

Your GPU is alright, and should handle things at native resolution in most every case. Sometimes it will handle some up-scaling, but not always (again, trial and error).

In the end, don't expect full speed with this game, on that laptop. And don't feel bad; Because most laptop's won't have what it takes for the "heavier" games. Smile
Thank for your advices. I tried to combine various settings but nothing gives enough better result. The changes were very small. I don't expect full speed, but enough for playability : /
Im not sure enought about how well playing Tekken 5 on pcsx2 0.98 but i already tested this game in the past and this game was working well for me almost with full speed all the time with old pcsx2 0.96 beta which still has vu skip hack in option mix with vu cycle stealing option i messed with both. Perhaps you can try with those at least.
Edit :
Make sure you have to set native option in gsdx plugin because this game is one of demanding games for eating GPU but fortunely this game has progressif scan option in game menu for better visual quality.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.