Low fps on most of the games :/
I've recently tried to play couple of games;

Crash bandicoot: Wrath of cortex
Kingdom Hearts 2
Final Fantasy X and X-2
Shadow of colossus
Ratchet and Clank 3
Jak and daxter precussor legacy

Only game that has worked without low fps so far has been crash bandicoot.

MY specs:

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz

RAM
8,00 Gt Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz

Graphics
MSI r6950 twin frozr III 2GB OC

I'm pretty sure PCSX2 should run fine without problems on most of the games unless it requires like i7 *****, which it doesn't.

I've tried multiple different settings that i've found from internet but none of them has worked.

I'm using r4600 version, not sure if it's the latest one.

Sponsored links

(08-29-2011, 08:29 AM)Farzeer Wrote: I've recently tried to play couple of games;

Crash bandicoot: Wrath of cortex
Kingdom Hearts 2
Final Fantasy X and X-2
Shadow of colossus
Ratchet and Clank 3
Jak and daxter precussor legacy

Only game that has worked without low fps so far has been crash bandicoot.

MY specs:

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz

RAM
8,00 Gt Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz

Graphics
MSI r6950 twin frozr III 2GB OC

I'm pretty sure PCSX2 should run fine without problems on most of the games unless it requires like i7 *****, which it doesn't.

I've tried multiple different settings that i've found from internet but none of them has worked.

I'm using r4600 version, not sure if it's the latest one.

your computer is very nice i5 2500K with AMD 6950

are you sure you didn't get full speed in FFX and FFX-2 Huh

and enable VU cycling for shadow of the colossus
No i7 required here. Trust me. Smile
You are sitting on the *very best* CPU for PCSX2 currently available, and should OC that puppy for a real ride. Cool

Stock is great and all, and supersedes what most processors can do with high overclocks, but no other can touch what a 2500K (or 2600K - HT) would do at any matching clockrate, much less reach the kind of clockrates it (they) can with such ease. Assuming you have a P67/Z68 motherboard, I strongly urge you to turn it up a notch. It will make things simpler (yes; the OCing is simpler).

Funny things is, it's not all glory with every game, since some are just buggers in the compatibility department. For example: Some games can still run at a horrendously low rate, until you switch to a Software renderer (toggle between Hardware and Software renderers with F9 during gameplay).

Also, some will seem to literaly require some specific setting to unleash the framerate (try VU Cycle Stealing with Shadow of the Colossus. Just a little is all you need.

But now I should address some of those games that should run nearly flawlessly. FFX, for example, should run like a race horse without much effort. Check your "Power Plan" in Control Panel or something (see if you're being throttled). And post screen shots of your PCSX2 settings.
(08-29-2011, 09:10 AM)abdo123 Wrote: your computer is very nice i5 2500K with AMD 6950

are you sure you didn't get full speed in FFX and FFX-2 Huh

and enable VU cycling for shadow of the colossus

Thanks.

It runs fine if I don't move at all. When i move, the fps drops to 30-40 for like 5 seconds, then it goes back to 50-60, runs fine for about 15 seconds and goes back to 30-40fps.

Shadow of colossus ran at 50fps but the game seemed laggy. Audio was horrible too.

(08-29-2011, 09:20 AM)Rezard Wrote: No i7 required here. Trust me. Smile
You are sitting on the *very best* CPU for PCSX2 currently available, and should OC that puppy for a real ride. Cool

Stock is great and all, and supersedes what most processors can do with high overclocks, but no other can touch what a 2500K (or 2600K - HT) would do at any matching clockrate, much less reach the kind of clockrates it (they) can with such ease. Assuming you have a P67/Z68 motherboard, I strongly urge you to turn it up a notch. It will make things simpler (yes; the OCing is simpler).

Funny things is, it's not all glory with every game, since some are just buggers in the compatibility department. For example: Some games can still run at a horrendously low rate, until you switch to a Software renderer (toggle between Hardware and Software renderers with F9 during gameplay).

Also, some will seem to literaly require some specific setting to unleash the framerate (try VU Cycle Stealing with Shadow of the Colossus. just a little is all you need.

But now I should address some of those games that should run nearly flawlessly. FFX, for example, should run like a race horse without much effort. Check your "Power Plan" in Control Panel or something. And post screen shots of your PCSX2 settings.

I have P67 motherboard. My power plan is on balanced.

[Image: 9SF8N.png]

If i remember correctly, i haven't touched the plugins/bios settings.
(08-29-2011, 09:21 AM)Farzeer Wrote: Thanks.

It runs fine if I don't move at all. When i move, the fps drops to 30-40 for like 5 seconds, then it goes back to 50-60, runs fine for about 15 seconds and goes back to 30-40fps.

Shadow of colossus ran at 50fps but the game seemed laggy. Audio was horrible too.

looks like something is taking the resources or you are activating some power saving options Smile
(08-29-2011, 09:30 AM)abdo123 Wrote: looks like something is taking the resources or you are activating some power saving options Smile

My CPU usage is on 0-6% when i start the pcsx2, after i start to play a game it's around 40-50%.

(08-29-2011, 09:30 AM)abdo123 Wrote: no speed hacks used !!!!!!

man activate all of the recommended ones and the VU cycling specially when playing Shadow of colossus

and one more thing change GS in pluging/BIOS selector to SSE4 it should give a small boost Smile

Do you mean;

GSdx 4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse4-r4600]?
no speed hacks used !!!!!!

man activate all of the recommended ones and the VU cycling specially when playing Shadow of colossus

and one more thing change GS in pluging/BIOS selector to SSE4 it should give a small boost Smile

(08-29-2011, 09:48 AM)Farzeer Wrote: My CPU usage is on 0-6% when i start the pcsx2, after i start to play a game it's around 40-50%.

Do you mean;

GSdx 4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse4-r4600]?

yes Smile
That seems to fix the fps problem on kingdom hearts 2. Tho other games still has problems. Also ratchet and clank looks weird (graphical glitches)

[Image: uE4ct.jpg]
(08-29-2011, 10:01 AM)Farzeer Wrote: That seems to fix the fps problem on kingdom hearts 2. Tho other games still has problems. Also ratchet and clank looks weird (graphical glitches)

[Image: uE4ct.jpg]

the glitch from ratchet and clank should gone with disabling VU cycling but you must keep using them for other games

and put the power plan to high performance

(08-29-2011, 10:04 AM)abdo123 Wrote: the glitch from ratchet and clank should gone with disabling VU cycling but you must keep using them for other games

and put the power plan to high performance

Disabled VY cycling and put on high performance:

[Image: PsLXi.jpg]

:/