Low framerate
I got the version of pcsx2 1.4.0. Started playing Sly 2 and in the beginning everything was fine, I had 50 fps (have the pal version of the game), but in the next act (the one in Paris) I begun to have 30 fps in the most crowded scenes and 50 fps in the scenarios with non moving elements on the screen. Got any suggestions?

Specs
Gpu: NVIDIA GTX960 2GB
CPU: AMD A10-5800K APU
RAM: 8GB
Motherboard: ASROCK FM2A75 PRO 4

Currently playing at deafult settings with 3x resolution and directx 11 (hardware). I already tried to lower the resolution but nothing changed

Sponsored links

Use OpenGL instead of directx since you have a nice nvidia gpu.

Try to decrease the internal resolution and/or use the other presets in the GS to activate some hacks.

Are you sure your nvidia is selected in the video plugin? Your CPU also act like a gpu since it is an AMD APU, so maybe pcsx2 is selecting it by default instead of your geforce gtx960.
Your CPU has an STP (Single Threaded Performance) of 1461 according to passmark, which is slightly below the 1600 we recommend as a minimum to get smooth framerates in most games, Sly is quite a heavy game so that could very much be coming in to play here. If your CPU is overclockable, that may help you somewhat in clawing back some of the performance
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I Tried to decrease the resolution and there has been a really slight improvement in the performances. I made sure the GPU was selected in the adapter of the plugin, while I activated the MTVU.
I didn't activate the hacks yet since I am a newbie, will do later
(01-30-2016, 05:02 PM)refraction Wrote: Your CPU has an STP (Single Threaded Performance) of 1461 according to passmark, which is slightly below the 1600 we recommend as a minimum to get smooth framerates in most games, Sly is quite a heavy game so that could very much be coming in to play here.  If your CPU is overclockable, that may help you somewhat in clawing back some of the performance

I already overclocked it, that's why i don't understand
I even tried to run Sly 3 which I thought would be less tyring for my PC, but the result is the same, even with a clock pushed further than it should be
what are your GS, EE and VU values at the top of the window when it's running slow?

(01-30-2016, 10:35 PM)refraction Wrote: what are your GS, EE and VU values at the top of the window when it's running slow?

Around EE: 40% GS: 65% VU:65% 
Speed is around 41% (23 fps more or less)
could I see your gsdx settings please? Smile

(01-30-2016, 11:12 PM)refraction Wrote: could I see your gsdx settings please? Smile

Sure

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)