Low speeds in every game, decent computer
Hi I am having low FPS in all games I play on PCSX2 (MGS3, Colosseum, Shadow of Colossus, FFX). I usually get around 30-40 FPS in those games, and my hardware is that I have 8 GB of RAM, an i7 processor (2.80ghz, quad core, I think,) and an ATI Radeon HD 5870. I don't think I should be getting such low speeds. If there is any way to increase my FPS, please let me know

Sponsored links

2.8 ghz is ok for FFX, a bit slow for SotC and too slow for MGS3

mind to share your pcsx2 config, version, plugins settings, etc ???
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
even in FFX??? I have much lower specs than you and I am getting full speed in FFX. Try setting your resolution to Native in GS plugin, and enabling speed hacks, but before you even do that check in Control Panel (of your computer) >> System and Security>> Power Options and make sure it's set to High Performance. Then click on Change Plan Settings >> Change Advanced Power Settings and scroll down and click on plus sign next to "Processor Power Management" . Make sure that both the Minimum and maximum Processor State is set to 100%. I ususally forget to set it to High Performance so the processor runs at half speed, thus slowing down emulation. But with your specs you should definitely get full speed on FFX at least. I don't know about the other games though, never played them...
Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP micro ATX Intel motherboard
Intel Core i5 3570K processor @3.4 GHz
Patriot G2 Series 8 GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Sapphire Radeon HD7870XT 2GB GDDR5 RAM
Patriot Pyro SATA III 120 GB SSD
Corsair GS 600W PSU
(08-03-2011, 07:42 PM)jesalvein Wrote: 2.8 ghz is ok for FFX, a bit slow for SotC and too slow for MGS3

mind to share your pcsx2 config, version, plugins settings, etc ???

I use GSdx 4600 SSE41 as my GS Plugin using Direct3D11 (Hardwawre) and use 3x scaling, texture filtering on, 1024*1024 internal res. I have speedhacks running and they only increased it by about 10 FPS. Would my desktop resolution be a factor in this? I use 1920*1080 and that is a pretty high resolution so maybe that is causing the lag.

My power settings were already as you said they should be.
Nevermind, I reinstalled PCSX2 and enabled only speedhacks, didn't mess with anything else, and I am running things from 100-200 FPS with framelimiter off.
well make the resolution higher ( x2 native should be fine )