MAJOR LAG
okay i've tried many things and i'm starting to get frustrated now.... no matter what game i try to play and i even configured it several times but it's still lagging like under 30 fps

system specs are windows XP
service pack 3
2.80ghz
3.24 GB of ram

can someone tell me what would be the fastest configuration for pcsx2 for my computer? and also is there any other things i can do to make it faster? (please take this seriously and don't suggest i buy a new computer thank you Smile

Sponsored links

There is a high possibility there is no other way to get good speeds other than buying a new computer...

You did not list what kind of processor it is (2,8 Ghz Pentium 4 is WAY slower than 2,8 Ghz Core 2 Duo for example) and you did not list your graphics card.
Also you didn't list what game you are trying to play,what PCSX2 version you use and what plugins.
Also,you posted this in the plugin section but it belongs in support (moved)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Is that a 2.8ghz Core 2 Duo?

Also, what graphics card do you have?
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
o oops XD sorry i'm really sleepy right now so i'm kinda not paying attention
anyways
graphic card is NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
and yes it's 2.8 GHz pentium 4 duo core
i was trying to play kingdom hearts 1
i'm using the newest version i think 0.9.6

GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14 for the graphics it's the default settings for when u click configure except the D3D internal res i made it 512 512

sound is ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6 default settings

controller is LilyPad 0.9.9 default settings

for Cdvdrom i used Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0 block dump is enabled

Usb is USBnull driver 0.5.0 default settings

Dev9 is DEV9null driver 0.3.0

firewire is FWnull driver 0.4.0

for when u configure CPU everything is default except frame skip which is VU skip

for speed hacks the only thing ticked is default cycle rate

under the EE rec options in advance

round mode is chop/zero

clamp mode is none

denormals are zero is ticked

under VU rec options

round mode is chop/zero

clamp mode is none

flush to zero and denormals to zero are ticked
pentium 4 duo core? that's not a processor, thats a meld of two processors. If you have a pentium 4 dual core than I have severe doubts that PCSX2 will work for you.
Kingdom Hearts 1 is a fairly easy game to emulate, you might get full speed with proper settings.
Get latest PCSX2 beta:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Latest GSdx:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031.html

In advanced press default (you really shouldn't change these unless you know what you're doing)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
ahh okay now it's working without lag thanks so much Smile