MASSIVE pcsx2 slowdown after half hour
you can try opening your CPU case, and having a big-fan blow air into it. then play with pcsx2 and see if you experience the same problems.

or try a temp monitoring program (like pcwizard), and monitor your temps while playing pcsx2.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code

Sponsored links

Tongue 
Okay, UPDATE. My graphics card broke down for some reason...had extreme artifacting and stuff. So I'm waiting for the replacement now, and doing limited gaming on my integrated GeForce 6100 Tongue

Also, I tried the program SpeedFan to check my temps while on PCSX2.

This prog sure has a lot of readouts....TEMP1, TEMP2, CORE, GPU etc. I figured HD0,HD1 are HDD temps, and TEMP1's probably the CPU, coz thats the only thing that fluctuates(along with CORE) when I do stuff on my comp. GPU temp reads 0 C throughout, obviously.

Idle, both TEMP1 and CORE are about 50-55 C
While PCSX2ing, TEMP1 and CORE both rise to about 65 C avg, on prolonged playing, an hour or so, TEMP1 and CORE are at around 70 C, BUT NEVER go beyond 70.

The games I can try out on pcsx2 are horribly limited now, since I'm stuck with an integrated GPU, but I've tried some 2D games and that WWE:HTCP again. Obviously they run slower now, but STRANGELY, I've NOT had the slowdown problem yet. It's been 2 days now.

So was my graphics card the culprit all along?

Will post update again after getting back my replacement 7600GT.
For getting the Temps use CoreTemp. It's way better cause it shows the Temp of both cores and a lot of usefull information like Voltage.

OK i don't know at which Temp AMD's break down but my Intel C2D E6600 isn't allowed to get beyond 60°C
AMD's perhaps 70+ or 80+ ?
What! Not allowed to go beyond 60°C? Sheesh. And as far as your CPU Temp goes prithwish, you should be good to go. Nothing to high there at all. I do believe your graphics card was the culprit.
Intel Core 2 Duo QX9750 Extreme Edition | eVGA 790i FTW | BFG GTX 280 OC 1GB | 8GB of Patriot Viper
(05-30-2009, 12:05 PM)Kaoschan Wrote: For getting the Temps use CoreTemp. It's way better cause it shows the Temp of both cores and a lot of usefull information like Voltage.

OK i don't know at which Temp AMD's break down but my Intel C2D E6600 isn't allowed to get beyond 60°C
AMD's perhaps 70+ or 80+ ?

What? My E6750 happily sits at around 75c at full load and has worked since 2007 without any BSODs or anything. I assume that AMD's have approximately the same tolerance. Most CPU's should run fine even into the 80c's. GFX cards are mostly fine into the 90c's+.
(05-30-2009, 08:32 AM)prithwish Wrote: This prog sure has a lot of readouts....TEMP1, TEMP2, CORE, GPU etc. I figured HD0,HD1 are HDD temps, and TEMP1's probably the CPU, coz thats the only thing that fluctuates(along with CORE) when I do stuff on my comp. GPU temp reads 0 C throughout, obviously.

While PCSX2ing, TEMP1 and CORE both rise to about 65 C avg, on prolonged playing, an hour or so, TEMP1 and CORE are at around 70 C, BUT NEVER go beyond 70.

Your temps are far too high, especially if you are not overclocked. You need to increase airflow in your pc (install some more fans). Make sure your heatsink is fitted correctly and make sure it isn't clogged up with dust.
i5 7600k, GTX 680, 16GB DDR4 3000
Manjaro [Hakoila] KDE Plasma
(05-30-2009, 03:46 PM)Nijohc Wrote:
(05-30-2009, 08:32 AM)prithwish Wrote: This prog sure has a lot of readouts....TEMP1, TEMP2, CORE, GPU etc. I figured HD0,HD1 are HDD temps, and TEMP1's probably the CPU, coz thats the only thing that fluctuates(along with CORE) when I do stuff on my comp. GPU temp reads 0 C throughout, obviously.

Your temps are far too high, especially if you are not overclocked. You need to increase airflow in your pc (install some more fans). Make sure your heatsink is fitted correctly and make sure it isn't clogged up with dust.

The temps are ok.
(05-30-2009, 03:46 PM)Nijohc Wrote:

There not that high. If they were going above 75+, then maybe that would be the culprit.
Intel Core 2 Duo QX9750 Extreme Edition | eVGA 790i FTW | BFG GTX 280 OC 1GB | 8GB of Patriot Viper
(05-30-2009, 04:34 PM)Scott Wrote: There not that high. If they were going above 75+, then maybe that would be the culprit.

This. 75+ is the beginning of the "you're doing it wrong" temperature range, 70 and down is just running hot.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
60c has always been a threshold temperature for me. Processors are suppose to run between 30-60c, because they "can" take more in some cases, it doesnt mean it should. Apart from the fact it can cause crashes and other problems at high temperatures, it will reduce the processors life span much quicker than at lower temperatures. I would suggest as others above to try and improve your processor cooling, make sure the heatsink under the fan is clean, maybe even consider replacing your heatsink if it already is.

Clean heatsink and 70+ degree temperatures = disaster when it DOES get dirty.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]