MDF/ MDS future support?
Hi @ all again.

As i recently played some of my games, another thing that maybe could be implemented came to my mind -MDF/MDS support for images. This would safe myself some memory as i wouldn't have to use daemon tools anymore.
I think many other people would benfit from this implementation, too.

I do not want to request anything, I just want this idea to be though about, as it may be very useful in future releases and would be a big improvement in my mind as well.

Honest regards to the developers and all member, plz keep up the great work!

The Titan

Sponsored links

Hey, I just thought of a good way to prevent that! Seeing as IT'S YOUR OWN DISCS that are THE SOURCE, why not just USE ISO WHEN MAKING THE IMAGES? MDF/MDS support would only be useful if people for some reason already had the games in those formats, and I wonder what reason that might be...

And I know not of a single free burner program which supports MDF/MDS and not ISO, so just use ISO and let the developers work on other stuff.
Firstly, thanks for assuming piracy, I will keep it in mind!

The reason behind this were my bad experiences in psx emulation. Alcohol 120% and Ashampoo Burning Studio 9 were oftenly not capable to create useable images for the emulators. For example subchannel weren't read properly or they just failed to copy the protection into the iso.

By the way, I'm not a friend of iso, as other standards are more accurate in some cases.

So if you don't have real arguments, stop flaming me or simply live your life.

Best regards
I don't think that was flaming and I agree with Aemony
I can't speak for Ashampoo but alcohol works fine if it's a supported image type
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
WTF? Linuz Iso already suports mdf!
(06-22-2009, 11:41 AM)Dr.J Wrote: WTF? Linuz Iso already suports mdf!

Exactly...Glare
Asus M2N-E
Amd Phenom II X4 945 3000 MHz
Ati Radeon HD 4850 512MB
4 GB Ram
Oh yeah! It even says so in the open-dialog, *.mdf Tongue
Allright, didn't know that a certain plugin would already support mdf.

In this case this thread may be closed, sorry for the bothering

But still: I don't like people assuming things they do not know nothing about. That is bias!
... Wasn't that what you just did? Glare

Anyway, I didn't mention piracy, now did I? Tongue
I didn't assume, I was kindly asking or suggesting: "I do not want to request anything, I just want this idea to be though about, as it may be very useful in future releases and would be a big improvement in my mind as well." I did never say: "You have to implent this."

I tell you how you did mention piracy: "Seeing as IT'S YOUR OWN DISCS that are THE SOURCE, why not just USE ISO WHEN MAKING THE IMAGES? MDF/MDS support would only be useful if people for some reason already had the games in those formats, and I wonder what reason that might be..."