MGS 3 Subsistence controls?
Hello there!
I seem to have a little problem with the controls in this game. 
The game uses pressure-sensitive buttons but my controller (Logitech F310) only has pressure-sensitive L2 and R2. So I changed the X and B to L2 and R2.
The problem is that snake still shoots when I press X. And when I press L2 he will sometimes shoot and some times aim. It's really awkward and makes it extremely hard to play as enemies will be alerted when you miss your shots. 

Can anyone provide me with a screenshot of his controller configuration? I would truly appreciate it. I might need to change the whole thing from the start  Glare

Sponsored links

pls help
Well, the first thing you should do is confirm that Lilypad picks up that your L2/R2 buttons are pressure sensitive. To do this, go into the LilyaPad plugin page, the bottom left box is the Device Diagnostics section. Left click your Logitech Game Pad and hit test device. Then you'll see a new window pop up with all the buttons and things, press them and find out which button is L2/R2 for you, then to see if it's pressure sensitive, you should notice a gradual change from 0 all the way to 1.

If at any singular time with a light touch it instantly goes to 1 and not something in-between, LilyPad does not recognize the pressure sensitivity of your game pad and you might want to look for drivers.

However, if Lilypad does notice the difference, then I would suggest to retry MGS and press the L2/R2 buttons as gently as you possibly can.

If even gently things don't work, you may way to then play around with the sensitivity slider on the Pad 1 tab of the LilyaPad plugin page. I'm not sure which way you should adjust them, so experiment.
(12-07-2016, 11:12 PM)Arcadius Wrote: Well, the first thing you should do is confirm that Lilypad picks up that your L2/R2 buttons are pressure sensitive. To do this, go into the LilyaPad plugin page, the bottom left box is the Device Diagnostics section. Left click your Logitech Game Pad and hit test device. Then you'll see a new window pop up with all the buttons and things, press them and find out which button is L2/R2 for you, then to see if it's pressure sensitive, you should notice a gradual change from 0 all the way to 1.

If at any singular time with a light touch it instantly goes to 1 and not something in-between, LilyPad does not recognize the pressure sensitivity of your game pad and you might want to look for drivers.

However, if Lilypad does notice the difference, then I would suggest to retry MGS and press the L2/R2 buttons as gently as you possibly can.

If even gently things don't work, you may way to then play around with the sensitivity slider on the Pad 1 tab of the LilyaPad plugin page. I'm not sure which way you should adjust them, so experiment.

Thanks man, I changed the sensitivity and seems to work now.