MGS 3 Texture Bug
Video 
Hi, I'm playing MGS: 3: substance in pcx2 0.96. I'm using the plugins that came within the emulator (GDSX SSE 3).

1.The game is running good, a little slowly because of my CPU, but playable. But I've got some texture bugs problems, graphics corruption in monitors or water like in the picture:

[Image: mgs3graphicsglitch.jpg]

2.Another problem is in the Thermal Googles, in the game on PS2 the texture of the visible things in Thermal Vision is red, orange e white (something like that), in the emulator is only White.

3.And, the last one I've noticed, is that in the radio, i can't see the picture of the person I'm talking with, like happens in the ps2.

I don't know if the problem is in the pcxs2 or in the plugin. There's something that I can do to resolve this problems?

Thanks!

Sponsored links

I think it`s because of disabled post processing - render to target - (like glow, which is off as well .. and also reflections on Snake`s helmet).
(03-06-2009, 03:45 PM)Prott Wrote: I think it`s because of disabled post processing - render to target - (like glow, which is off as well .. and also reflections on Snake`s helmet).

There's some way to enable this post processing and fix the problem? Or another solution?

Thanks for the help.
GSDX Software Mode "Should" fix that problem.
Ninja
By the way ddbboo, what are your hardware specs?

(03-06-2009, 05:04 PM)Trigun Wrote: GSDX Software Mode "Should" fix that problem.
Yes, it solves the problem completely.
Yeah this resolves the problem, but in osfware mode the game become unplayable, less then 10FPS. There isn't a way to fix this problem using the Hardware Mode?

Doing some tests I realized that these bug are only on GSDX, in ZeroGS this doesn't happen, but in ZeroGS the FPS are very low.
PP effects come at high cost unless implemented optimally, which is very hard. Thus they are disabled in hardware to achieve more speed, and enabled in software at a minimum cost, but you need a nasa computer to run in software at 60fps.
ZeroGS have enabled PP effects (but still they are little bit crappy .. like double size of glow map, etc.) and that`s why the fps drop.
So, there isn't yet nothing to do to resolve this in hardware mode with GSDX?

OK, thanks for the answers.