MGS 3 and Tekken 5
Sad 
(I wouldn't be writing this, if it wasn't for some videos with better speed and about the same specs)

Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ (3.2 GHz)
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 mb
3.50 GB of RAM
Windows XP

PCSX2 0.9.6

Tekken 5:

Is there any way to improve speed ?
Without any speed hacks, I get 35 FPS
With all speed hacks turned on, it shows 60 FPS, but it's still slow, more like 40 FPS
I also have the lines problem, but I fixed it by turning on Native resolution

Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence:

During cutscenes I get 60-45 FPS , but ingame it's usually about 45 FPS. Is there any way to improve speed ?

Also there's a few texture and shadow glitches, and during codec talks, there's no picture of the person I'm calling and Snake isn't transparent like he's supposed to

Is there some way to do the soft button technique like on a ps2 ? (I mean, like when holding a guard, Snake kills him, but on a ps2 controller he kills him only if I press the button harder, the same goes for aiming in first person view)

(I did a bit of searching on these forums, but didn't find anything that helped)

Sponsored links

Well you framerate is same as mine (which is about 40 fps ingame / 60 fps in cutscenes - with 3,3 GHz C2D), so I don`t think you can improve it much (because I tryed everything in the past).
EDIT: I`m talking about MGS3 - NTSC version.
Try with pcsx2 latest beta and play your game in os vista in directx.10 mode. Directx.10 mode will give you more fps rather than directx.9/os xp. If doesnt enough take vucycle stealing in option set to slighly.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(05-06-2009, 11:14 PM)Darth_Kain Wrote: (I wouldn't be writing this, if it wasn't for some videos with better speed and about the same specs)

Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ (3.2 GHz)
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 mb
3.50 GB of RAM
Windows XP

PCSX2 0.9.6

Tekken 5:

Is there any way to improve speed ?
Without any speed hacks, I get 35 FPS
With all speed hacks turned on, it shows 60 FPS, but it's still slow, more like 40 FPS
I also have the lines problem, but I fixed it by turning on Native resolution

Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence:

During cutscenes I get 60-45 FPS , but ingame it's usually about 45 FPS. Is there any way to improve speed ?

Also there's a few texture and shadow glitches, and during codec talks, there's no picture of the person I'm calling and Snake isn't transparent like he's supposed to

Is there some way to do the soft button technique like on a ps2 ? (I mean, like when holding a guard, Snake kills him, but on a ps2 controller he kills him only if I press the button harder, the same goes for aiming in first person view)

(I did a bit of searching on these forums, but didn't find anything that helped)

for tekken5 i just turn the hacks on, and put frame limiting off. Game runs at full speed, high fps however the music is all speed up. But I dont mind it that much.
ChenZen - A blog for games, technology, gadgets, anime, manga, music, or about anything else that interests the average geek.
Quote:the music is all speed up.
Use Peops sound plugin, it's always normal since it doesn't check the speed Tongue

As for subsistence...well it's playable for sure,I finished it long ago on pcsx2.The codec talk you mentioned and other effects are missing because of disabled post processing (it's a lot slower with it on).
For soft buttons you could set a button to "half press" in the lilypad plugin (sensitivity to 0.5).
If you don't have a pressure sensitive gamepad you can map one button to full press and another one for half press Tongue ...I don't know if there's a better way.
[Image: sysp-93326.png]
What games can I play at full speed with my specs ?
(05-07-2009, 06:28 PM)Darth_Kain Wrote: What games can I play at full speed with my specs ?

Well you didn't say what genre you were looking for so just to name a few...

FFX and FFXII,
GTA: SA,
Marvel vs Capcom 2,
Bully,
Rise to Honor,
Tekken Tag...

...I have more ram but a worse video card so I think you should be able to play all of these. But again I wasn't sure of the genre so I just covered lots of stuff.
(05-07-2009, 04:32 PM)Archer Mac Wrote:
Quote:the music is all speed up.
Use Peops sound plugin, it's always normal since it doesn't check the speed Tongue

As for subsistence...well it's playable for sure,I finished it long ago on pcsx2.The codec talk you mentioned and other effects are missing because of disabled post processing (it's a lot slower with it on).
For soft buttons you could set a button to "half press" in the lilypad plugin (sensitivity to 0.5).
If you don't have a pressure sensitive gamepad you can map one button to full press and another one for half press Tongue ...I don't know if there's a better way.

I've tried with a lower sensibility, but still i cant use the soft buttons technique, i use a XBOX360 gamepad with lylipad 0.9.9, Please someone solve this problem..
(05-07-2009, 08:00 PM)1masterace Wrote:
(05-07-2009, 06:28 PM)Darth_Kain Wrote: What games can I play at full speed with my specs ?

Well you didn't say what genre you were looking for so just to name a few...

FFX and FFXII,
GTA: SA,
Marvel vs Capcom 2,
Bully,
Rise to Honor,
Tekken Tag...

...I have more ram but a worse video card so I think you should be able to play all of these. But again I wasn't sure of the genre so I just covered lots of stuff.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 runs great, but Tekken Tag runs like Tekken 5, and there are lots of graphic glitches

I already have every GTA and Bully for PC so I don't really need them (they're much better on PC IMO)

Any other games ?
(05-07-2009, 09:54 PM)Darth_Kain Wrote: Marvel vs Capcom 2 runs great, but Tekken Tag runs like Tekken 5, and there are lots of graphic glitches

I already have every GTA and Bully for PC so I don't really need them (they're much better on PC IMO)

Tekken 5 needs DX9 SOFTWARE mode (dx10 hardware for devil within)