MGS2 Substance 10fps
Hey guys,

My specs of my PC are:

Intel i3 350m
Intel HD graphics
Windows 7
4GB DDR3 ram.

Now, lemme start by saying this. Final Fantasy X runs like a charm. No issues with slowdown.

But, a game thats released around the same time (MGS2 Substance) crashes sometimes and gets like 10 fps on my machine (even with speedhacks enabled, the fps doesnt go up much.) This issue happens in the menu, codec and ingame.

Any idea?

Would MGS2 Sons of Liberty run any better?

(Edit: Im running it in windowed mode. I get 60fps now after selecting "ps2 native resolution". I dont notice anything different about the window size or graphics. what did this do?)

Sponsored links

First of all MGS Games are demanding in nature. Your Processor is maybe very weak for this game.
Intel Graphics Card will run this game very slowly, and poor performance. Check that it doesn't get overheated.

Did you try frameskip. It might help you go 20 fps or above. Download this pcsx2 SVN and see if its better. Try In Speedhacks, tick the MTVU Hack.

Also, you CPU's clock is low for this game.
Try the Native Resolution it will run at ps2 resolution and help you get more fps.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(10-23-2011, 07:35 AM)recoder Wrote: First of all MGS Games are demanding in nature. Your Processor is maybe very weak for this game.
Intel Graphics Card will run this game very slowly, and poor performance. Check that it doesn't get overheated.

Did you try frameskip. It might help you go 20 fps or above. Download this pcsx2 SVN and see if its better. Try In Speedhacks, tick the MTVU Hack.

Also, you CPU's clock is low for this game.
Try the Native Resolution it will run at ps2 resolution and help you get more fps.

I don't see a MTVU hack, under speedhacks.
Download this pcsx2 SVN. Download any one.
And then you'll get that option.

The site is pcsx2.net/svn.php
Sweet. I get 70fps if I enable frame skipping, MTVU hack, speed hacks, VU cycling and EE cycle and D3D Software. Thanks man Smile
Glad it worked. Smile
The game seems to crash whenever I select the VR missions. Sad

EE PC:00101940 TLB MISS addr0x*********** [load]

Whats this mean?
Disable any kind of patches if you are using. Alternatively you can try Changing the EE Clamp modes to normal or Extra .Make sure the ISO is proper. ReMake the ISO using ImgBurn

Make sure you load from memcards and not savesate.