MGS2 status says 'playable' but doesn't work?
(05-15-2011, 05:11 PM)fedaykin Wrote: I also have the same problem. I have it as ISO. Tried both internal and external loader. Tested on a dozen different builds, all the same Sad
HELP!

What error do you get?
Try again making the iso with ImgBurn.

And make sure you don't mount the iso or have it in use in any other program.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

Works fine for me in 0.9.8.

Metal Gear Solid 2 - Sons of Liberty NTSC SLUS-20144 - ripped with ImgBurn.
i7 4790K @ 4.4 + H105 / EVGA GTX780 SC / MSI Z97M Gaming
16GB HyperX Beast / Seasonic Platinum 1050W/ Air 240
MX100 512GB / WD Black 4TB / WD Green 6TB / W7 x64
(05-17-2011, 10:10 PM)Eva Wrote: Works fine for me in 0.9.8.

Metal Gear Solid 2 - Sons of Liberty NTSC SLUS-20144 - ripped with ImgBurn.

works well for me on

core 2 duo - e7600 3ghz

ati hd 4670

all ive done is enabled the speed hacks and thats about it

there are some artifacts but i expect that because of age of pc, going to go for i5 system soon
Does it crashes or it doesn't starts or is slow ? Playable does not means fullspeed. it depedns on pc. Did you try with the latest pcsx2 : PCSX2 SVN
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(11-15-2011, 02:44 PM)recoder Wrote: Does it crashes or it doesn't starts or is slow ? Playable does not means fullspeed. it depedns on pc. Did you try with the latest pcsx2 : PCSX2 SVN

i get in the low 50fps inside then down to 27-30fps outside usually

ive tweaked my settings a little but more though that has got rid of some of the artifacts

tap f5 in game till at the top left it says none this should get rid of artifacts

and get rid of the bug where you cant freeze the bombs (im on the bit after ames is killed now and no problems yet)
(11-22-2011, 01:05 PM)willspollack Wrote: I also have the same problem. I have it as ISO. Tried both internal and external loader.
Tested on a dozen different builds, all the same
HELP!...

activate the speed hacks, dont post just help

what is your build e.g. processor

and what settings you have, i can give you mine to try
how about getting the pc version of mgs2...
(11-24-2011, 04:02 AM)Juicedup Wrote: how about getting the pc version of mgs2...

why? some of us already own the ps2 version so why not play that

why are you on this site with coments like that
i get a black screen when trying to load MGS2, tried hardware and software modes but no luck, framerate stays around 50-60 so it's not frozen just nothing happening
I have the same problem, and i even create an iso from the cd but howsoever the game just dont start, is just a black screen but with the fps running in the background. The plugins are fine and everything is on default. What the hell is going on?

I have the same cd, and the latest version of the pcsx2 from emucr.com (so far)