MGS2 status says 'playable' but doesn't work?
we don't support emucr builds.

Sponsored links

(09-04-2012, 10:48 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: we don't support emucr builds.

Well, now i've downloaded the 1.0.0 version from the official website of pcsx2 and its the same story. Would you please support me now? Its just that some friends and me want to be ready for Ground Zeroes and we are going to play all the games. Now we are stuck in part 2 Tongue2
Did you make the iso using imgburn? Also for svn builds, we only support the ones from our website: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-05-2012, 12:24 AM)Bositman Wrote: Did you make the iso using imgburn? Also for svn builds, we only support the ones from our website: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html

Yeah i did it using imgburn, and i already have the latest version of the pcsx2 website. When i did(i dont know what term is used for this) the iso, it wasnt just 1 iso file, were 1 iso and 3 other files, the first weight 5,6 gb ("metalgearsolid2substancentsc-u.iso", the second weight 4,9 gb, this file says "metalgearsolid2substancentsc-u.iso.z2" i imagine that this is the part 2 of the dual layer disc, well the other files are light ("metalgearsolid2substancentsc-u.iso.z2table" and one that just says "image" with the imgburn logo. None of this work with any plugin. I use linuziso. Always the black screen. I have windows 7 ultimate edition x64. Sorry for long text but it's beacuse am not in my pc right now so i can't take scenshots.
Well you did it wrong. If you use imgburn and click on create image file from disc you will get a single file.
(09-05-2012, 12:45 AM)Bositman Wrote: Well you did it wrong. If you use imgburn and click on create image file from disc you will get a single file.

I'll try it again Smile
Ok, i tried again and the result was one iso file as expected but still the same problem :\
What is the problem? Could be Gsdx plugins? Cuz' the console of Pcsx2 says something about an error of the plugin. Look at the pictures.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That error is normal, get rid of it by deleting gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll from your plugins folder. What's the problem now? Post the log after running the game
(09-06-2012, 08:33 PM)Bositman Wrote: That error is normal, get rid of it by deleting gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll from your plugins folder. What's the problem now? Post the log after running the game

Holy **** i cant believe that was the problem man. That's it, it's fixed.
I deleted the plugin and now the game booted normally. Finally Laugh

Thank you dude!

P.S: If that plugin error is normal maybe that's why the problem is so normal to, and people go for the pc version instead. Well i'm not a expert in this like you guys but maybe you have to check that cuz definitely that was MY problem.
Huh I don't see how deleting that would change the game playability. You were getting the error because your CPU does not support the AVX instruction set thus the plugin never even showed up in the selection list. That was not your problem, but anyway Tongue