MGS3 Framerate Issues?
I can only squeeze out 20-30 FPS out of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence with my current specs. Any suggestions on how to get it up to at least 50?

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 at 2.4 Ghz
ATI Radeon HD 5770
4GB DDR2 RAM at 400 Mhz
Running 64-Bit Windows 7 Ultimate

Sponsored links

use VU cycle stealing at LV-2 thats the only way despite CPU is quite weak
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(07-16-2012, 05:39 AM)tallbender Wrote: use VU cycle stealing at LV-2 thats the only way despite CPU is quite weak

VU Scaling gave me no noticeable FPS increase.
OC your cpu @least 2.8ish
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(07-16-2012, 05:46 AM)tallbender Wrote: OC your cpu @least 2.8ish
* At your own risk.
And turn on MTVU hack. That CPU is a Quad Core.

As for overclocking, if you do some research, and don't do anything stupid, you should hit 2.8 easy.
maybe im a little bit off topic, I advise you to play the metal gear solid in PSX using epsxe emulator if you want to know the game's origin because you can't relate its story if you don't play the MTGS.
Don't use EPSXE. Use Xebra(Xebra actually comes with two emulators. Xebra which requires a BIOS. And Arbex which does not. MGS runs pretty much perfect in Arbex if you have a good PC) It's the most accurate of any PSX emulator and actually feels like you are playing a Playstation.
(07-17-2012, 02:56 PM)Mr.Bonkers Wrote: Don't use EPSXE. Use Xebra(Xebra actually comes with two emulators. Xebra which requires a BIOS. And Arbex which does not. MGS runs pretty much perfect in Arbex if you have a good PC) It's the most accurate of any PSX emulator and actually feels like you are playing a Playstation.
Play Xebra if you want to play with bad graphics, I mean HD didnt exist when the Ps1 was released, but now its everywhere. And what does low res look like played on a HD monitor? terrible!! Stick with EPSXE cos you can upscale to HD nicely Biggrin
Sorry for highjacking, just couldnt let a Xebra over ePsxe go unchallenged
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(07-17-2012, 04:05 PM)omnikam Wrote: Play Xebra if you want to play with bad graphics, I mean HD didnt exist when the Ps1 was released, but now its everywhere. And what does low res look like played on a HD monitor? terrible!! Stick with EPSXE cos you can upscale to HD nicely Biggrin

yeah you're right, EPSXE has a custom shader option that can give us an HD graphics.