MGS3 Full FPS Help
Hi there people.
I just discovered this emulator and im totaly blown away by how good it works. (amazing job devs ! Smile )

I just tried out the first game i found in my shelf which happened to be MGS3.
Its running at a pretty decent 35 to 50 fps but the fps drops to 20 or less when theres alot of grass on the screen and on some cutscenes (inside the airplane at the cigarette scene etc. havent played the game longer than 10 minutes).

Heres my PC-Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 2,83GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
8 GB RAM
and a sucky onboard soundcard ^^

and heres the PCSX2-Config i use as of now (i dont have any experience in setting it up but i tried my best. maybe some of you guys have tips for me ) :

PCSX2 (newest beta)

GSdx 1479 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.15:
Direct3D10(Hardware)
Interlacing:None
Checked the Native-Box and Allow 8-bit textures

SPU2-X 1.1.0:
no settings changed here

Speedhacks:
checked:
Use x2 Cycle Rate
INTC Sync Hack
Enable IOP x2 Cycle Rate
WaitCycles Sync Hack
Status Flag Hack
Min/Max Hack
VU Cycle Stealing Moderate

I havent tampered with the rest of the config settings.

I hope that you guys can help me getting mgs3 to run at full speed if thats possible at all.

Thanks for reading and helping me out Smile

Sponsored links

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-9292.html?highlight=MGS3

Use the search function. I manage to find this thread easily just searching for "MGS3"
[Image: 2748844.png]
i found that thread as well. the only problem is that goodguys9 didnt post the speedhacks nor settings hes using by now and i fiddled around with the settings myself trying to get a constant 40+fps but havent found a solution yet.
hopefuly somebody else can help out Smile
well, before anything else you should deactivate all speed hacks, then test it with only some slight or moderate vu cycle stealing. very aggressive speed hack settings often slow down games instead of speeding them up.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Game gets a huge boost from "Vu cycle stealing" to the max actually. I had to play it with all hacks on for enough speed but it had some bugs from other settings that werent speedhacks so I gave up playing it, was some time ago tho :P
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
it seems like vu cycle stealing only gets speedboost on fps without actualy enhancing the performance.
its still going down to 20 fps or less without showing in grassy regions but theres no seeable graphic glitches atleast.
ill try some other settings. maybe you guys also have some other tips. thanks again Smile