MGS3 GSdx issues
Actually, I think this bug may be introduced with all the recent changes to the SW renderer. I switched back to r5065 and I haven't experienced it yet, but since it's totally random, I may just be lucky so far. I'll keep you posted.
Edit: Okay, I can confirm the codec movies are fine in r5065, so it must be the changes to the SW renderer in the newer svn's that break it. Do you think you can fix this?

Sponsored links

Using r5065, gsdx11 software, rest on default. A description box pops up whenever you pick up a new weapon, but as you can see from the screen, the text are invisible. I have also tried the different clamping modes and that doesn't help. I'm not sure if this is a gsdx bug or not but I have posted the .gs file anyway.    

Attached Files
.zip   gsdx_20120126223212.zip (Size: 4,68 MB / Downloads: 193)
not a valid bug report.
moved to general discussion
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-27-2012, 07:11 AM)DrHycodan Wrote: Using r5065, gsdx11 software, rest on default. A description box pops up whenever you pick up a new weapon, but as you can see from the screen, the text are invisible. I have also tried the different clamping modes and that doesn't help. I'm not sure if this is a gsdx bug or not but I have posted the .gs file anyway.

Can you keep all this in one thread? You've opened half a dozen threads for MGS3 issues and even if the reports are useful, no one will hunt all over the forum to find them.

I'll merge all 3 threads to this one, so use this instead of flooding the forum with more threads on MGS3 issues.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
The texture representing the body of this message box was cut off, not completly transfered.
So is there a way to fix this?
Could be a gif path bug in pcsx2, does anything change if you turn off mtgs or reduce the number of sw threads to 0?
mtgs is integrated into pcsx2 so I can't try with it off, but hardware mode has the same issue.
What about the "Use Synchronized MTGS" option?
That codec movie bug in MGS3 is still in the latest svn but it wasn't there in r5065. I tried to take a gs snap of it and it gave me a runtime error. Do you think you can fix that?