MGS3 - Minimum Specs to run
You are a lucky one then... that's the only problem I couldn't get around in MGS2 PC.

I used to have a PS2 controller connected with an adapter, and the face buttons did not have analog control in MGS2 with the driver I was using Sad

I think the same will result with my PS3 controller connected via USB. The Windows controller properties in Control Panel I don't think indicates any pressure sensitivity that the hardware does have...

Edit - Yep, just checked, the driver I have only checks 'on' vs 'off' for button presses on the face buttons anyway, so there's not even a chance Sad
Check out my snazzy Youtube channel, with many great PCSX2 emulation videos! Laugh http://www.youtube.com/user/curryking1 Laugh

Sponsored links

just use speed hacks...
So far all my friends and me included prefer using an xbox 360 controller for pc , its easy to setup and drivers are easy as heck to get. ^^
Mac Book Pro

Windows Xp 32 bit
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 @2.4Ghz
2GB Corsair Ram
Nvidia 8600M 512MB

(08-10-2009, 09:49 PM)Hiroichirou Wrote: So far all my friends and me included prefer using an xbox 360 controller for pc , its easy to setup and drivers are easy as heck to get. ^^

The only problem with it is the same problem with practically any new controller: all digital buttons.
CPU: E5200 @ 3.0GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800
Video: HD4850 512MB
well you could try finding a program that emulates the keyboard via controller. I use to use it a lot with call of duty 4 for pc which for some reason doesnt support controllers -_-.
Mac Book Pro

Windows Xp 32 bit
2GB Corsair Ram
Nvidia 8600M 512MB

(08-10-2009, 09:59 PM)Hiroichirou Wrote: well you could try finding a program that emulates the keyboard via controller. I use to use it a lot with call of duty 4 for pc which for some reason doesnt support controllers -_-.

Uh...

I don't think you understand.

Digital buttons are I/O - they cannot be halfway on or halfway off, they are one or the other. Analog buttons are required for games like metal gear solid, due to the fact that many actions are performed using half-on or half-off button states.

The 360 uses digital buttons. This is fine for most games, but for some games released on the PS2 which take full advantage of the full analog dualshock 2 pad (like MGS), a different controller is desired.

Also, if you're playing an FPS with a controller, you should be shot. Especially if you're not using a console, which would normally force one to use a controller. Keyboard/mouse is infinite win for FPS.
Ah ok now i get ya, oh and i only use controller to mess around i know KB+Mouse+sniper class= win. ^^
Mac Book Pro

Windows Xp 32 bit
2GB Corsair Ram
Nvidia 8600M 512MB

Meh, why would I waste extra money on a 360 controller with poorer form factor when I can just plug in a PS3 controller that I can use on a PS3 as well...

Those 360 PC controllers are overpriced like heck.

Plugging in a PS3 controller is the way to go. Better controller, easy drivers, uses universal USB connection that a PS3 comes with as well, and no extra 60 dollar premium for some controller that for no reason at all only works on PC.
Check out my snazzy Youtube channel, with many great PCSX2 emulation videos! Laugh http://www.youtube.com/user/curryking1 Laugh
(08-11-2009, 05:03 AM)curryking1 Wrote: Meh, why would I waste extra money on a 360 controller with poorer form factor when I can just plug in a PS3 controller that I can use on a PS3 as well...

Those 360 PC controllers are overpriced like heck.

Plugging in a PS3 controller is the way to go. Better controller, easy drivers, uses universal USB connection that a PS3 comes with as well, and no extra 60 dollar premium for some controller that for no reason at all only works on PC.

It's awesome how you don't know what you're talking about at all, and pretend you do.

1) Not everyone owns a PS3, therefore not everyone owns a PS3 controller.
2) A new PS3 controller starts at $70 on Amazon.com, used starting at $30.
3) The form factor is a matter of opinion, but to be quite honest, I think most people agree that the 360 controller is superior. The triggers are better, and the left analog stick placement is more logical.
4) There are no "PC only" 360 controllers. All wired 360 controllers work with everything that has a USB port and the drivers to support it.
5) Wired 360 controllers start at $23 new, $19 used at Amazon.com.
6) Wireless 360 controllers work with the PC as well, if you have an adapter.
7) The PS3 controller driver situation is horrible at the moment compared to the plug and play functionality of the 360 controller. It just works when you plug it in, no fuss about it.
If you have something to say, just say it. No need to try to belittle or offend someone. I wasn't trying to offend you or anyone else.

1. Did I say everyone had a PS3? No. Hence the word 'I,' which would imply I am talking about myself.

2. Does a PS3 Controller cost 70 dollars everywhere? No. Certainly not in a store.

3. The form factor is a matter of opinion, like you said. Why would you continue to claim that the 360 controller was definitively better? Contradiction much?

Everyone has their own opinion, I have mine. I didn't try to justify my opinion as better than anyone else's. The only one trying to do that appears to be yourself because of 'what most people think.'

Where's your survey data? Hmmm? What population did you survey? How many people? Over what area? Either way, why would I or anyone else care what most people think? Whatever fits me is good for me, whatever fits you is good for you.

The supreme irony is that you made this completely right initial claim and then started to directly contradict the idea that 'goodness' is specific to the person.

4., 5., 6., From what I know, and I have no problem if I am wrong, but what I have heard is this: the PC 360 controller does not work on the Xbox 360. Similarly, the Xbox 360 controller does not work on the PC. Maybe that's wrong, and I'm perfectly OK if there needs to be correction there.

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but I don't see what I did to warrant such an abrasive tone.

7. Why is the PS3 controller driver so horrible? You install a driver, plug it in, launch an executable and it runs. I think it would be a gross exaggeration to say the 'driver situation is horrible.' That's just a little bit of a stretch.

One thing you should learn: when someone speaks, they intend to give their opinion. When you assume they are trying to do anything more than give their opinion, it's probably you making a mistake.

I may be completely wrong about the 360 controllers, that is not to be contested by me, but you need to recognize that whatever subjective claim I had of the PS controller was my opinion for the sake of me having an opinion. What 'most people' think is neither here nor there when it concerns what I or anyone else likes for themselves.