MGS3 - Minimum Specs to run
360 controllers interface with a PC MUCH easier than a PS3 controller, especially on 64 bit systems. Plug and play>>>>3rd party drivers+random .exe you need to run.

I personally hate the feel of the 360 controller but I know I'm in the minority there.

Dualshock 3 controllers are 50 bucks at gamestop, so amazon is ripping you off if they are charging 70 bucks haha.

Anyway, this thread got horribly off topic.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.

Sponsored links

(08-11-2009, 05:52 AM)curryking1 Wrote: If you have something to say, just say it. No need to try to belittle or offend someone. I wasn't trying to offend you or anyone else.

1. Did I say everyone had a PS3? No. Hence the word 'I,' which would imply I am talking about myself.

2. Does a PS3 Controller cost 70 dollars everywhere? No. Certainly not in a store.

3. The form factor is a matter of opinion, like you said. Why would you continue to claim that the 360 controller was definitively better? Contradiction much?

Everyone has their own opinion, I have mine. I didn't try to justify my opinion as better than anyone else's. The only one trying to do that appears to be yourself because of 'what most people think.'

Where's your survey data? Hmmm? What population did you survey? How many people? Over what area? Either way, why would I or anyone else care what most people think? Whatever fits me is good for me, whatever fits you is good for you.

The supreme irony is that you made this completely right initial claim and then started to directly contradict the idea that 'goodness' is specific to the person.

4., 5., 6., From what I know, and I have no problem if I am wrong, but what I have heard is this: the PC 360 controller does not work on the Xbox 360. Similarly, the Xbox 360 controller does not work on the PC. Maybe that's wrong, and I'm perfectly OK if there needs to be correction there.

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but I don't see what I did to warrant such an abrasive tone.

7. Why is the PS3 controller driver so horrible? You install a driver, plug it in, launch an executable and it runs. I think it would be a gross exaggeration to say the 'driver situation is horrible.' That's just a little bit of a stretch.

One thing you should learn: when someone speaks, they intend to give their opinion. When you assume they are trying to do anything more than give their opinion, it's probably you making a mistake.

I may be completely wrong about the 360 controllers, that is not to be contested by me, but you need to recognize that whatever subjective claim I had of the PS controller was my opinion for the sake of me having an opinion. What 'most people' think is neither here nor there when it concerns what I or anyone else likes for themselves.

You saw the tone as abrasive, and this is not what I intended. I understand that context and tone are hard to convey via text, and this is my fault for not realizing this before hand. I never intended my post to attack you in any way. I simply stated that you didn't know what you were talking about, but were professing the idea that you actually did.

The thing about the controller preferences has also been misinterpreted by the limited medium of text-only communication. I stated that even though the controller is entirely up to preference, I have found that most people I know share the preference for the 360 controller.

I understand you were stating your opinion and what applies to your situation. However, you have to realize that this thread is about the OP and all others in his situation, so all things posted in this thread must be at least relevant to more than yourself. In that respect, I feel I was justified in applying your post to more than just yourself and your situation. If this weren't a forum, I would not have done so.

Compared to "plug it in and it just works", "You install a driver, plug it in, launch an executable and it runs" is actually pretty bad. Controllers are supposed to be quick, pnp devices and when they require anything more than simply plugging them in, this is a problem. Not a major problem, and certainly not something that should be the sole dealbreaker in someone's purchase decision, but it is a problem indeed.

Finally (and again, I don't mean to sound like a *****), you are wrong. All 360 controllers work with all things that have a USB port and the drivers to support it. I own three of them, I plug them into all kinds of things all of the time depending on where I am and where I take them.

Sorry that the medium of text-only communication has failed us this time, let us hope that it never happens again.

(08-11-2009, 06:07 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: 360 controllers interface with a PC MUCH easier than a PS3 controller, especially on 64 bit systems. Plug and play>>>>3rd party drivers+random .exe you need to run.

I personally hate the feel of the 360 controller but I know I'm in the minority there.

Dualshock 3 controllers are 50 bucks at gamestop, so amazon is ripping you off if they are charging 70 bucks haha.

Anyway, this thread got horribly off topic.

The thread is over anyway, the OP got his answer. It's generally acceptable to be off-topic once the thread has run its course.
CPU: E5200 @ 3.0GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800
Video: HD4850 512MB
Indeed question answered and we're getting pretty off-topic. If you guys want to carry on the controller discussion, simply make a new thread about it Wink
Closed
[Image: newsig.jpg]