MGS3 - Minimum Specs to run
Lightbulb 
Just wondering if my specs will be able to run MGS3, or even MGS2 decent. I had read that these games take a lot of CPU power to run. Here are my specs.

AMD Phenom X3 running at 2.4GHz.
Nvidia 9500GT with 512MB DDR3 RAM
4GB of DDR2 RAM

I also have th latest PCSX2 installed and the latest graphics plugins. Thanks.

Sponsored links

Probably not, my core 2 duo at 3,6 ghz struggles with MGS3...don't know about 2
[Image: newsig.jpg]
You might be able to RUN them, but I don't know about running them well. MGS3 is an extremely demanding game for the emulator. I think MGS2 is as well, but less so.

Oh, and MGS3 has lots of graphic bugs, anyway.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
You will run it, but not run it well. Sorry... that CPU is just not enough.

Even my computer, a Core 2 Duo like Bositman (only mine is 3.3 GHz, not 3.6) struggles with MGS3.

I can imagine why MGS3 is a difficult game to emulate. It was a very late release in the PS2 cycle (2004 release) and the amount of graphical tricks and post-processing in the game in astounding for a PS2 game. MGS3 is nothing short of a marvel on the PS2 system.
Check out my snazzy Youtube channel, with many great PCSX2 emulation videos! Laugh http://www.youtube.com/user/curryking1 Laugh
Actually you'd be surprised at how light MGS2 is , my laptop's specs arent exactly zomgish , but they run MGS2 @ 60 fps in the tanker part with all the rain and lights and such.
Mac Book Pro

Windows Xp 32 bit
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 @2.4Ghz
2GB Corsair Ram
Nvidia 8600M 512MB

My machine is in my signature. I can't run MGS3. There are many graphical glitches, as well as hardcore amounts of slowdown in the first couple of areas (haven't played beyond those). Regardless of resolution and CPU settings, speed hacks, etc., things slow down to a crawl when I turn the camera in certain directions (i.e. directions containing lots of grass).

Everything else I've ever tried runs absolutely flawlessly though, so I'm sure it's just MGS3. Set your sights lower until the emulator matures.

EDIT: Actually, nevermind all of that. I've started messing around with it again and I've almost got it working 100%. After a bit more tweaking, I should have it working well.

MGS3 certainly is a whore, though. It certainly takes some doing to get it up and going, but once you do, it's awesome. It's seriously like a launch date 360 game if you render it at a high resolution.
CPU: E5200 @ 3.0GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800
Video: HD4850 512MB
If you're gonna play MGS2, you're better off playing the PC version.
(08-10-2009, 08:24 AM)Heoki Wrote: If you're gonna play MGS2, you're better off playing the PC version.

That all depends on whether or not you can tolerate the bugs in that version too.

When I tried playing MGS2 PC, it was pretty bad. Analog buttons didn't work (also a problem with the Xbox port - it makes you unable to do some actions), and there were many graphical anomalies probably associated with the fact that I'm using an ATi video card.

OP should try both to see which works best for him.
CPU: E5200 @ 3.0GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800
Video: HD4850 512MB
^Yep, the MGS2's PC port is extremely frustrating.

You can't even let go of the trigger when aiming the pistol, you will always fire a shot after.

With the AKS-74U or M4...... don't even bother using them outside a boss battle. As soon as the 'aim/fire' button is hit, you're already shooting wildly full auto in the PC version...

It's very sad.... because the PC port is gorgeous looking.... at least with a Nvidia card.
Check out my snazzy Youtube channel, with many great PCSX2 emulation videos! Laugh http://www.youtube.com/user/curryking1 Laugh
Really? the PC version worked great on my case maybe just some gamepads work correctly with it. But uh enough offtopic I guess xD
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64