MGS3 & My Specs
(07-14-2012, 12:01 PM)jesalvein Wrote: it has nothing to do with the number of cores or the clock rate.
It's more an architecture problem.
bulldozers APU are far worse than Phenom x4 apus.
in fact, you have gotten better results if you had a Phenom X4 (cheaper) clocked @3.0ghz

Read some benchmark on the net about AMD Bulldozer, you'll see what I mean.

i believe you meant IPC where you wrote apu

Sponsored links

Correct
*autospank*
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
All this talk of CPU's when thats clearly not my issue. Any of yall that spoke of my CPU have anything to offer to the current issue? Settings suggestions or anything :-)
^ well actually they are saying that is your issue, or atleast part of it

the bulldozer chips are so badly made they dont tend to work well with pcsx2
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
so your saying that because i have a bulldozer that is the reason my 2gig GTX570 is being taxed the way it is? That makes no sense.
Not going into some power saving mode is it when playing PCSX2? (the graphics card)
Have to admit it could sound weird...
If you try software mode, your game should run better, then.
Can you try it, please ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Software mode drops me down to 20-25FPS and GS is bouncing back and forth between 99-100. ???

Also. How would my GFX card go into power save mode on a desktop? If it's possible, tell me how to check it please?

Also what sotware should i run this on D3DX9 or 11? hardware or software?
I think i'm done attempting to emulate. I appreciate all the help. I just wanted to see if i could see my favorite games in better res anyways, or with a KBnM. I play my PC games pretty high end with my system and graphics design is awesome. No need to go out and by another PC just to emulate when i have the real deal anyways. to be honest not being able to emulate well makes me feel like my puter fails me in a certain aspect, and it makes me want to build another. I'm getting out before i have to much an excuse to go waste 4k, lol. again thanks for the help you all, you've been great. see you on the flip side of Crysis 3 on max settings perhaps! :-P
^^
Yep it can do that, I mainly upgraded to my new laptop so i could play Pcsx2 without slowdowns lol But now i have a Ps2 portable Smile
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*