MGS3 SE / Subsistence 4K settings
What's the best way to run this? I tried openCL with no visual problems (on 1st mission, after you HALO jump). Resolution is rendered in 4K and I can even go to 8K.

PCSX2 automated built 1.5.0, lilypad with scp (ps3 controller wired). FPS seems to stay at 60 but can jump to 65 at times, but walking through grass feels a bit sluggish (might be just my imagination).

Sponsored links

(04-18-2016, 08:28 PM)TK421 Wrote: What's the best way to run this? I tried openCL with no visual problems (on 1st mission, after you HALO jump). Resolution is rendered in 4K and I can even go to 8K.

PCSX2 automated built 1.5.0, lilypad with scp (ps3 controller wired). FPS seems to stay at 60 but can jump to 65 at times, but walking through grass feels a bit sluggish (might be just my imagination).

Are you sure you aren't talking about 4x resolution in the GSDx dialog? Also, OpenCL was just an experimental renderer. Maybe you meant OpenGL? Tongue

Post a screenshot of your settings.
Do you have speedhacks on? Speedhacks(especially the EE & VU cyclerate sliders) can cause false fps readings, making you think it's running fullspeed when it's not.
Update, I fired up my ps2 and found out that the cutscenes on pcsx is playing slower.

Not sure what settings I should use for 4K now.

VU Preset 2 safe (faster), same as EE. Preset function.
Just to make it more clear. Obviously you didn't get the first hint:
4x != 4K

Code:
4x = 4x native resolution
   ~ 4x 500i
   = 2000i
   ~ interlaced HD (1K)

Although you might have really selected custom resolution and 4K/8K... then this would probably explain your slowdown.

What are Speed%/EE%/GS% values during slowdowns?
(04-19-2016, 12:05 PM)willkuer Wrote: Just to make it more clear. Obviously you didn't get the first hint:
4x != 4K

Code:
4x = 4x native resolution
  ~ 4x 500i
  = 2000i
  ~ interlaced HD (1K)

Although you might have really selected custom resolution and 4K/8K... then this would probably explain your slowdown.

What are Speed%/EE%/GS% values during slowdowns?

I'll try to get a screenshot

And yes, using custom resolution of 4K, not 4X