MGS3 Snake Eater, help !!
Question 
Hey Guys, new here and in urgent need of help! First of all, I am not good at using the search function, so please, do not regret helping cause of stupid shibuhya ^^ And now, this is my question:

I got myself a copy of PCSX2 r1888 and MGS3 Snake Eater, but I am encountering heavy problems making it run.

These are my system specs:

AMD Phenom x4 9650 @ 2.3 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 4650 @ 1 GB VRAM
8 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Problems are:

-Normal framerates @ menues and first intro (the one with the plane flying around)
- Cutscene with Zero @ normal framerates (50 fps, whether it is correct or not by using allmost all speedhacks)
- Freefall at low framerates and serious graphical issues (stripes from top to bottom of screen)
- Parachute at low framerates
-Codec transmission at lowest framerates (slow motion like matrix or something...)
- After that ingame @ low framerates

I do not want to post my own combination of plugins and settings, because I dont know how the hell I was trying to make it run, it is all messed up and is really mixed during tryouts where everything got worse from try to try.

Maybe someone could post a really good combination of plugins, DL links and settings, including speedhacks, to make it run at moderate FPS, so that it can be called "Playing the game". I dont care much about perfect graphics, so my only wish is to make it run in good speed, so that I can get from intro to outro without ripping my hair out of my head ^^

Would be great if some of you would help a newbie make his first (and also most difficult, as I read elsewhere here) game run @ moderate FPS!

Greetz, Shib

Sponsored links

welcome to the forums.
this game you chose is one of the most demanding under pcsx2 and your CPU's a bit weak to handle it.
Post your pcsx2 settings, plusigns settings, and some screeshots if possible, please.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Okay, so now, here are my exact settings as an atachement, jpg

But why is my CPU to weak? its a quad-core... really?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

try to enable microvu.
ANd yes, even if it's a quad core, pcsx2 uses only 2 cores. So 2cores @2.3Ghz is quite weak for pcsx2
Tried it, same effect as before... Have you played it in PCSX2? What combination did you have if you played it? Is there any way to improve it even with my processor? I have nearly every GSDX and ZerGS (also KOSMOS) plugins, and I think it lacks because of graphics (turned them "off" by accident where it just stuck and heard realtime gameplay in 100% of speed xD), so... I dont know, I am really depressed, because MGS3 is one hell of a good game! ^^
I don't own that game. Thus I don't have any specific setting for it.
Zero GS isn't recommended as it's quite outdated.
I guess it's one hell of a good game, but it requires one hell of a very good rig, sry Sad.
makes me really mad to see, that FFX runs that good even with crappy cpu's Blink but okay... I also heared, that there is a special speedhack for MGS3, somewhere here maybe, the user had to give away a number (like 7de56d5 or something ? ) so that it could be checked... know anything?
The speedhack that works well with MGS3 is "VU Cycle Stealing", you could try setting it higher.
ZeroGS will be much slower for MGS3 as far as I remember.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
What ever I try, it is still the same. Tried various combinations, using GSDX and Zero, trying step by step to improve it with speedhacks, but it still wont run....
(05-08-2010, 06:38 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: The speedhack that works well with MGS3 is "VU Cycle Stealing", you could try setting it higher.
Cycle Stealing works great in realtime cutscenes, but ingame (for some reason) it doesn`t work at all (despite the higher value of fps counter it`s as slow as without CS - it`s just a wrong value).