MGS3 Subsistence - slow at times (video stuttering/sound buzzing/fuzzy)
i5-4690k, Zotac GTX 970, DDR3 16GB 1600Mhz, W10 64bit Pro

PCSX2 Version 1.4.0

I don't think I'm using any non-default settings, the Emu settings is on the 'Balanced' Preset. I switched to HW OpenGL due to the graphics bugs in DX mode. Here are my GSdx Settings:
[Image: mMX1P.png]

I noticed the title said that GS was most of the time nearing 100%, and the Speed could get as low as 40%. EE hangs around 20%-30%, VU around 20%.

Most of the time the lag is noticeable in the cutscene videos, but occasionally can be noticed whilst playing as well, it constantly feels 'a little bit sluggish'. The sound being a bit 'electrical' or 'fuzzy' is there pretty much all the time.

Sponsored links

Try disabling Anisotropic Filtering for starters
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Not sure if it's used for solving a bug, but turning down Blending Unit Accuracy to basic will speed the game up too.
Changed both settings as recommended, not really got to anywhere it would be truly noticeable yet, but the game wouldn't appear to be quite as sluggish.

Will this resolve the fuzzy/buzzing sound issue too?
(01-29-2016, 01:59 AM)Expression93 Wrote: Will this resolve the fuzzy/buzzing sound issue too?
Probably not. Best things I can advise you is to change the module in the audio settings and see if that helps. Or if you're using save states, stop using the current ones and create a fresh one after booting the game without it and loading a savefile.
(01-29-2016, 02:05 AM)FlatOut Wrote: Probably not. Best things I can advise you is to change the module in the audio settings and see if that helps. Or if you're using save states, stop using the current ones and create a fresh one after booting the game without it and loading a savefile.
I will change the audio module/settings as suggested then, see what I can achieve. I am not using save states so that's beyond the scope of my problem, I guess.
I played around with the speed hacks amongst other things, figured that if I could boost the emulation speed enough then it would run better and it has.