MGS3 visual glitches
Hi all!
Im using PCSX2 for a long time and love it. But I have two problems with MGS3:
1. I always have a really annoying visual glitch at whitch the screens is half green or blue.
2. Is there any way to fix the performance at the codec menu? I get heavy slowdowns.

My specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
AMD Phenom II X4 965BE
nVidia 9800GT
2x2048MB DDR3 RAM
PCSX2 0.9.7
So Im able to run (nearly) all my PS2 games on full speed. :>
Thanks for your infos in advance.
And one thing. Does my CPU support SSE41 or SSSE3? PCSX2 tells me not, but i thought my CPU may be advanced. :/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

it does, but the plugins only take benefits from intel's SSSE3 & SSE41.
how high is you CPU clocked, by the way ? keep in mind that mgs3 is one of the most demanding games, btw
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-16-2010, 08:58 PM)jesalvein Wrote: it does, but the plugins only take benefits from intel's SSSE3 & SSE41.
how high is you CPU clocked, by the way ? keep in mind that mgs3 is one of the most demanding games, btw

My Phenom II X6 965BE ist clocked with 3400Mhz per core.
Hi!

I have the exact same blue visual glitches. I'm using 0.9.7 r3113. Game Speed seems fine, but it's impossible to play the game with all this blue stuff on the screen Blink

Doesn't matter if i use dx9 or dx10/11, everythings blue...

I also tried software mode, graphic's fine, but this way it's too slow, i only got 20-30fps.

is there a different graphic-plugin i can try? or a newer version of gsdx?

maybe it's the sse-version i (have to) use? like B01scout i also have a phenom 2, which only supports sse2.

system: phenom 2 x3 @ 3,4ghz per core
radeon 4870
8gig ram
win7 x64

i have the european version of the game, should i give the us version a try??

any ideas?

edit: seems to be the game version i use, apparantly its not recognized by gsdx and a special "hack" for the game will not be activated.

have a look at here:
http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-forum/1319...-help.html

edit: yepp, got my hands on an us-version of the game and it works just awesome. no glitches, good fps, i'm very excited, yay.
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps