MSG Encounters in Space running slow
Hello i have been trying to get MSG encounters in space to run faster on my PC, it works reasonable until battles where it slows down quite a bit. I was wondering if there were any settings that i could mess with to speed the game up.
My PC specs are:
Windows 7 64
Intel core 2 quad [email protected]
6 gigs of ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 ti

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
My PC specs are:
Windows 7 64
Intel core 2 quad [email protected]
6 gigs of ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 ti
Im using 0.9.8 PCSX2 (r4600)
I using all default settings except for my ps3 controller that i mapped in the controls and im trying to play Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space ISO, i got a disc but my disc drives on my pc dont work most of the time.
Quote:Im using 0.9.8 PCSX2 (r4600)
that's a very old and unsupported build.
delete and take the latest stable instead.
Okay i got the latest version of PCSX2 and it runs a little better but it still lags a bit in battles. Im using default settings except for the controller.
try enabling recommened speedhacks first.
if it doesn't do the trick, set ee cycle rate to 1. if it still doesn't play well, set vu cycle stealing to 1.
always try sliders 1 by 1 until you find a setting that suits you. that said, don't forget your CPU is a bit weak for pcsx2, and maybe you won't be able to get full speed.
I know this is a noob question but where do i go for the speed hacks and setting the ee cycle rates?
in the speedhacks tab
well ive been trying the speed hacks but i dont think that they are working, i might just have to wait until i get a new pc.