MTVU + Xenosaga = Slow down for me
Bleh those hotfixes didn't fix much. I have a copy of Windows 8 and I may have to test it out to see if it performs better. As much as I hate Windows 8, if it means getting the max performance out of my processor...
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

From what I've seen, windows 8 makes little difference.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Switching OS isnt gona matter Xenosaga is heavy on the system and tends to have part of the game that will slowdown MEch battles are one of such parts

while AMD is not great of pcsx2 I sure that at those speeds it more then enough, If anything your video card is the issue, as that is anything but good for gaming, its a low end entry card at best
The hotfixes don't really increase performance. The first hotfix was an attempt to fix the scheduling issues, and the second hotfix was to fix the "core parking" issue.

Windows 8 merely "fixes" the scheduling issue by detecting an FX processor and treating it like an Intel processor that has Hyper-threading enabled. E.g. an Intel i3 processor would be listed in Windows Task Manager as having "2 cores, 4 threads". An FX-4300 would be listed as having "2 cores, 4 threads" despite it having 4 "real" cores on the chip itself. This is because of the way the modules currently work in Bulldozer and Piledriver. This won't be an issue with Steamroller.

Tests have shown that going from Win7 to Win8 probably increased performance by around 1~5% lol, so not really worth "upgrading" to.

With current BD/PD chips, it would be best for PCSX2's two threads to be distributed to two different modules. A performance loss could happen if Windows randomly decided to put both those threads within the same module, because the first core would extract 100% performance, while the second core would only give 80%. This is a flaw inherent in BD and PD, which will be fixed in Steamroller.

I don't think MTVU hack would be effected by this because that third thread doesn't ever really use up 100% of a core anyway, at least not from my experiences. But the ideal situation would be PCSX2, with the MTVU hack, having its three threads assigned to three different modules, in theory.
Just a note I discovered that Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex has impossible slowdown with MTVU too. Is there some sort of list anywhere? If not and if I find any more I'm making it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I don't think there's a list, but if you start working on it, add TimeSplitters: Future Perfect to that list. MTVU messes with the game's graphics and I think it adds a bit of slowdown as well.