MTVU hack in i5 2430m
(07-19-2012, 11:03 AM)Livy Wrote: Normally PCSX2 runs 2 main threads, one is EE and the other is GS. Unfortunately the two threads are usually not equal in term of workload. If the EE has more work to do, it use the full potiential power of a single CPU core, while the GS cannot do it own work independently -- it must wait for the EE thread. The result is the GS thread does not use the full power of the CPU core on which it run.

The MTVU hack splits the work from the EE thread to 2 threads, called EE and VU. So if the CPU is dual-core and the game is "EE limited" the VU thread can runs on the same core with the GS thread, to reduce the EE workload, and on the other hand it use the redundant power of the core on which the GS thread runs, resulting in faster game speeds. In "GS limited game", the speed could be slower due to the overhead created when for synchronization purpose when splitting the EE thread.

Basically that's how it works. You should read cottonvibe blog for further details.

that means disable "MTUV" will not fully use the cpu 1core 2 thread .squeeze everything into core.wasting another thread idle. does it really improve a lot ?I dont think so.

(07-19-2012, 11:10 AM)naoan Wrote: Because it could work for some games and not to other (to the point of having adverse effect instead). See? Complicated.

Of course ,It is complicated as the pcsx2 will ramdomly slowdown no matter this option on or off.Laugh

Sponsored links

What you think is irrelevant, the result speak for itself.
Besides, most of the slow motion case is caused by pcsx2 core saturated (EE,VU,GS...anyone)100%. meaningwhile ,You check the cpu usage only 30% or below .(I never seem pcxs2 draws over 40% usage for mtuv is off).In some case you can see no improvement even MTUV is on but still suck for 100% pcsx2 core usage.
Of course ,graphic card cap is also one of bottleneck.
That why the scenario sooooooooooooo complicated indeed.
Warning Level: 67%

Please banned me .

ha ha ha

What a pirate club?
Well, the OP already got his answer, so I don't think any more reply is needed...

I'm closing this to avoid further spamming...