Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY SOLUTION TO EMULATOR LAG
Exclamation 
drop the colour scheme frame rate!!! stuff upgrading you desktop, make sure v-sync is disabled, then change your ntsc and pal frame rate settings to wateva it drops to when the game starts. ie; my notebook running atom n150 and no gpu watsoeva. 20fps ntsc 20fps pal
also sound lag comes from the sync mode
change to time stretch (not so kool quality)
or async for awesome quality, change the latency to fix up any sound difference

Sponsored links

what does this have to do with site feedback???
and 20 fps is not full speed and is unplayable(for me at least Wink )

(09-13-2010, 08:14 AM)xbladebrett Wrote: my notebook running atom n150 and no gpu watsoeva.

You need a GPU or else you couldn't see anything in your screen...

Well... I suppose you can't really have lag if you get used to running it at the same low speed all the time?
Maybe xbladebrett found some way to play games full speed by changing the FPS? That would be interesting...

Anyway, it doesn't have anything to do with site feedback... moving to chatterbox.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
thats weird.

its working for sotc.

i always thought the framerate settings definitely affects the game's speed too, but it seems that doesn't apply to all games. for some games it doesn't affect the game speed at all, but the actual fps. Blink

so, for example, you can play sotc with half fps, but full speed Blink

edit: i read somewhere that sotc has variable fps on the original playstation, so imho the gameplayspeed cant be fixed by the fps but by some other.... err.... THING...

maybe thats the point why its working?!
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
Ah that much could be it, would be nice if the slowest games worked the same Tongue2

Very nice, it works for Primal which was running at ~25/50 FPS fps for me.

Edit: ah it works similar if not the same as VU cycle stealing... in MGS3 it speeds up slow scenes but slowdown (to the limited speed) on fast parts...
what the heck is this guy talkin about
My New PC
[Image: 1714419.png]
[Image: stargate_sg_1_stamp_by_OmegaDreamSeeker11.jpg]
Basically in some games if you change the NTSC/PAL framerate to lower values you can get full speed while having much less FPS, so like full speed on 20FPS which will make the games skippy but run full speed but unfortunately it doesn't work so well or in all games.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=25398]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-14-2010, 11:03 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Basically in some games if you change the NTSC/PAL framerate to lower values you can get full speed while having much less FPS, so like full speed on 20FPS which will make the games skippy but run full speed but unfortunately it doesn't work so well or in all games.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=25398]

Ohmy TNX for the clearup so can we make a list of games working with this trick
My New PC
[Image: 1714419.png]
[Image: stargate_sg_1_stamp_by_OmegaDreamSeeker11.jpg]
This is most probably due to the internal frame skipping code of Shadow of the Colossus, which was also present on the actual PS2 console too
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Also working for Just Cause and Tomb Raider Underworld (both Gsdx DX10 Softwaremode)
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps