Macbooks mid 2012
(06-18-2012, 05:02 PM)vahnx Wrote: I've seen a few Windows Experience Indexes on Youtube for the Retina Pro and they're all higher than my current desktop with a quad core 3GHz + 460GTX SE, so I assume it will run fine. Not sure about the air. I'll report back when mine arrives and maybe record a video comparing my desktop and the retina pro.

WEI is useless. Do not use it to compare hardware performance! Also "quad core" is not a performance indicator. There is a huge performance gap between a Phenom Agena X4@3GHz and an i7 2600K@3GHz.

Sponsored links

(06-18-2012, 05:44 PM)Interocitor Wrote: WEI is useless. Do not use it to compare hardware performance! Also "quad core" is not a performance indicator. There is a huge performance gap between a Phenom Agena X4@3GHz and an i7 2600K@3GHz.

WEI is not useless. Since the macbook has a higher score in almost every respect compared to my desktop with a quad core from 2008 compared to a modern mobile i7, it only makes sense for PCSX2 to run fine, and it does. FFX I'm getting full frames. Have yet to test other games but I assume they will run fine as well.
I just go for hardware performance. Mac is about looks and brand mostly, as well as trying to fit as much as possible into the smallest amount of space - none but the last one really matter to me, but the last one also sacrifices being able to work on your own hardware which means I don't even seek it that much.

Of course, on top of it I'm a pretty cut-and-dry Mac hater so you can probably assume a lot of my opinions have a bias anyway.
(06-26-2012, 01:34 PM)vahnx Wrote: WEI is not useless. Since the macbook has a higher score in almost every respect compared to my desktop with a quad core from 2008 compared to a modern mobile i7, it only makes sense for PCSX2 to run fine, and it does. FFX I'm getting full frames. Have yet to test other games but I assume they will run fine as well.

WEI only gives you an extremely basic score of PC performance. That said, it can be complete wrong at times and should not be used as a reference. For example if you had an ancient crap HDD for your OS installation and it ranked at 3 WEI score, your whole PC would be ranked as '3' even if you had the most ub3r CPU and GPU on it scoring 7,9.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-26-2012, 10:47 PM)Bositman Wrote: WEI only gives you an extremely basic score of PC performance. That said, it can be complete wrong at times and should not be used as a reference. For example if you had an ancient crap HDD for your OS installation and it ranked at 3 WEI score, your whole PC would be ranked as '3' even if you had the most ub3r CPU and GPU on it scoring 7,9.

Yeah I don't compare base scores. But if you have a 5.3 versus a 5, chances are the 5.3 hardware is better. Of course xbench or whathaveyou is more in-depth but I have no need for that.
I just ordered a 2.6Ghz Retina.

For the people who wants to know what is supossed to handle, I will upload some KH / FF12 / FF10 reviews soon.
(07-31-2012, 02:22 AM)hardway Wrote: I just ordered a 2.6Ghz Retina.

For the people who wants to know what is supossed to handle, I will upload some KH / FF12 / FF10 reviews soon.

KH no slowdowns on IRx5 , at least no problems with an hour played.

FF12 is a little bit more heavy and needs to be played at IRx3, without slowdowns, also I only tested it 20 min... so...

FFX just good as KH

My conclusion it's that MBPRetina mid2012 is more than good to enjoy PCSX2.