Madden 09
Hey, I just downloaded PCSX2 and I am running Madden 09 with it. What I have encountered is an issue in playing the actual games. When on the menu it works OK (About 80%) but in the game (Or drills or minigames, etc.) I've encountered speeds as low as 5 fps. Also the graphics are really messed up. Is there a solution to this?

Sponsored links

On menus only 80% speed? that's uncommon for like almost any game.

What is your PC specs and PCSX2 settings?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.090805-0102)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: Satellite L305
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 1.90
Processor: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 1916MB RAM
Page File: 1338MB used, 2737MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10

I guess the graphics card is whatever the default would be, as I have not updated it. I used to know where to find this information, but have forgotten.

My settings for PCSX2 are for graphics the SSSE3 setting, and the rest are the default settings.
I have tried different settings with the emulator, like using speed hacks and frame skip rate changes, etc., but have had the same results no matter what.
Madden 09 is not currently playable in the emulator. There is no current fix for all the graphics problems.

That said, your laptop is on the slow side for playing PS2 games. Most 3d ps2 games require a 3ghz+ processor... From the amount of available memory, I'd say you also have a shared memory video card, which are always on he slow end.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Uhm if it's an integrated card that would be your problem, try using GSdx with the Direct3D9 (Hardware) Renderer and ticking the "native" option there but really there's not much that can be done to help if that's the case. I'd try the latest beta tho.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64