Madden/NCAA Gameplay error
Hi, I just downloaded PCSX2 very recently and have only just now started to try to play games on it. I'm trying to play Madden 05, NCAA Football 08 and NCAA Football 11.

I believe that I've downloaded and installed everything properly and the games all seem to run mostly smooth until I actually get into a game. On the NCAA games, I can make it to kickoff before the screen just goes black. I can pause the game and it will look normal, but I can't actually call plays and play the game. On Madden it cuts out before the kickoff but comes back momentarily during it before cutting out for good again.

Are there any simple steps that you guys can recommend that I look into? I did change the VU Clamping to Extra + Preserve Sign per the recommendation of one of the few posts on this topic posted here but that's about it.

Oh, and I'm running Windows 8.1 if that helps at all.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

press f9 (OR) use software mode(dx9/dx11)
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Upon startup of the game or during the game itself?
(12-12-2014, 06:13 AM)Sabres123fan Wrote: Upon startup of the game or during the game itself?
you could use it anytime
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Hey, that worked! Thanks a lot! Appreciate it.

Graphics are kinda laggy but i'll take it.
(12-12-2014, 06:20 AM)Sabres123fan Wrote: Hey, that worked! Thanks a lot! Appreciate it.

Graphics are kinda laggy but i'll take it.
if you have a cpu with more threads, use rendering threads+ the no.of threads your processor has at software mode, to speed up the game Wink
- Refraction
(12-12-2014, 06:22 AM)ssakash Wrote: if you have a cpu with more threads, use rendering threads+ the no.of threads your processor has at software mode, to speed up the game Wink

I have no idea what this means but I'm gonna take a guess...config > video > plugin settings and I'm going to set the Extra Rendering Threads to 2, that seems like a nice number, lol
(12-12-2014, 06:28 AM)Sabres123fan Wrote: I have no idea what this means but I'm gonna take a guess...config > video > plugin settings and I'm going to set the Extra Rendering Threads to 2, that seems like a nice number, lol

can you say, what processor you have, before using that.
- Refraction
(12-12-2014, 06:35 AM)ssakash Wrote: can you say, what processor you have, before using that.

uh...intel core i7? is that a processor?
(12-12-2014, 06:40 AM)Sabres123fan Wrote: uh...intel core i7? is that a processor?

Yeah but we need to know which specific i7.

Go download a software called Speccy, run that, and show us the info it gives.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD