Mafia Patch Alteration
Definitely
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(02-17-2024, 01:30 AM)Magz Wrote: Test one hasn't worked, but I wonder if that is because I am loading the game from a save state that I made about twenty seconds before the game issue occurred? For the fix to work correctly, is it necessary to restart the game fresh from the beginning?

So I tried the game from the beginning, but the log file still showed that the cheat wasn't loaded. I will try the game in the nightly build tomorrow, and see if the fix works then, to allow the Molotov Party mission to load successfully.
No luck in trying with the nightly build, nor with some earlier nightly build versions, as far back as March 2023, as the moment I try to run the program the following 2 errors appear:

pcsx2-qt.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point D3D12SerializeVersionedRootSignature could
not be located in the dynamic link library
C:\Users\...pcsx2-v1.7.5558-windows-x64-Qt\Qt6Gui.dll.

The procedure entry point MapViewOfFile3 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Users\...pcsx2-v1.7.5558-windows-x64-Qt\pcsx2-qt.exe.

I did an sfc scannow of Windows and that went fine, and the D3D12.dll is present in the Windows 32 dlls folder, but no sign of MapViewOfFile3.
(02-18-2024, 01:44 AM)Magz Wrote: No luck in trying with the nightly build, nor with some earlier nightly build versions, as far back as March 2023, as the moment I try to run the program the following 2 errors appear:

The procedure entry point D3D12SerializeVersionedRootSignature could
not be located in the dynamic link library
C:\Users\...pcsx2-v1.7.5558-windows-x64-Qt\Qt6Gui.dll.

The procedure entry point MapViewOfFile3 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Users\...pcsx2-v1.7.5558-windows-x64-Qt\pcsx2-qt.exe.

I did an sfc scannow of Windows and that went fine, and the D3D12.dll is present in the Windows 32 dlls folder, but no sign of MapViewOfFile3.

What's your OS? PCSX2 nightly requires at least Windows 10 1809.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
(02-18-2024, 02:05 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: What's your OS? PCSX2 nightly requires at least Windows 10 1809.

Thank you for your response. Long story, but my W10 OS is prior to 1809, so that will likely be the issue.
Success!

So, using the patch fix code for the two issues in the game—hang before Molotov Party, and crash in the priest mission—which code exists in the Gameindex.yaml file of the nightly build of PCSX2, I researched how the code inside a pnach patch file should look when placed in the cheats folder of the PCSX2 stable build, and I saw that I had been making two errors in the pnach file I created:

1) I was pasting into the pnach file all of the patch information text that was kindly given to me earlier in this thread. I didn't know that the details about the SLES number of the game, the person who had created the patch, and double forward slashes, had to be excluded from the pnach file's contents.

2) Also, I hadn't named the pnach file with the CRC number of my copy of the game, minus the Ox at the start of it, which can be found by opening the console in PCSX2 "Misc" section when a game is being played. I had been using the CRC of the US version of the game, so of course the cheat wasn't being recognised or opened.

I then launched PCSX2, saw in the console that the patch in the Cheats folder had been opened, and then, even using my savestate from about 20 seconds before the point where the game would hang, the Molotov Party mission loaded fully at last. Marvellous.

It was an old post reply to someone else by BloodRaynare that explained how double forward slashes and comments had to be excluded from patches, so thank you for that as well, and everyone else who made suggestions. Hopefully the priest mission will also go okay, thanks to Prafull's original patch work.