Major FPS decrease in game
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer MSI
System Model MS-7693
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD FX™-4100 Quad-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V10.3, 3/28/2013
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.95 GB
Available Physical Memory 5.91 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 13.5 GB
Video Card - AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

Game - Test Drive Eve of Destruction
This is a disk image file that I created as a backup of my original game disc. It runs at 60-66 up until I enter the game and when i start driving it drops to 20-30. I have adjusted most of the settings trying to get my FPS in game up but the best I can do is 33 max if someone could help I would greatly appreciate it. Also I have read through forums but nothing that matches my specs that will help.

Sponsored links

check if you are not using the software mode of gsdx, press f9
yes I have turned it off and on and back off theres a little jump but only like 3-5fps

i have been messing with it literally all day every game i try as soon as i get to playing it bogs down when its an action game it goes all the way down to 10 sometimes lower.
I don't know that exact game... but since it seems to be a racing game it is probably one of the more demanding ones.
On the other hand your cpu is not the strongest one. So I don't know if there is a satisfying solution for you.

What are EE%/GS% values during slowdowns?

Some possible solutions:
Try OC'ing your cpu if possible.
Use OGL/DX11 (HW) mode and enable HW hacks. Use the skipdraw hack to remove drawn layers (removes effects but less demanding on the gpu).
try to disable the accurate settings and the ogl depth, some games slowdown with those settings if you are using the openGL backend
3.6ghz is a lot better than most the people on these forums and they seem to get it working right. and its on all games not just that one. I have no problems with the ps1 epsxe program. the EE is steady around 98 99 and GS stays less than 10. what do you mean by OCing my cpu? there are 4 different gsdx plugins how do I tell which one is the correct version? im using gsdx 5875 ssse3 with my Radeon HD 7800 Series selected as the adapter. I have my base frame rate turbo and slow motion set to 200%, constant fram skiping is on. I am running the program in compatability mode as well. I have turned off speed hacks for the time being. now that I have edited my setting again and set the ones you say im getting an gsdx out of memory error in the log. I just don't know. this program might be a lost cause. whats the point in making a program that wont run on most computers. pointless
3.6ghz on a slow architecture still means a slow CPU.

Your CPUs single thread rating on Passmark is: 1223. The Piledriver based FX 4300 will get you about 1415. Test drive will probably require a single thread rating of around 1600(maybe lower) to be at full speed. Your best off just playing your PS2. Also, while you may have a better PC than some of the people asking for support, most of us regulars are using considerably faster hardware.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(07-12-2015, 06:47 PM)samalensek Wrote: whats the point in making a program that wont run on most computers. pointless

er... no.
on YOUR computer.
Make your homework, kiddo. Bulldozer architecture isn't good when it comes to single threaded applications
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-12-2015, 06:47 PM)samalensek Wrote: 3.6ghz is a lot better than most the people on these forums and they seem to get it working right. and its on all games not just that one. I have no problems with the ps1 epsxe program. the EE is steady around 98 99 and GS stays less than 10. what do you mean by OCing my cpu? there are 4 different gsdx plugins how do I tell which one is the correct version? im using gsdx 5875 ssse3 with my Radeon HD 7800 Series selected as the adapter. I have my base frame rate turbo and slow motion set to 200%, constant fram skiping is on. I am running the program in compatability mode as well. I have turned off speed hacks for the time being. now that I have edited my setting again and set the ones you say im getting an gsdx out of memory error in the log. I just don't know. this program might be a lost cause. whats the point in making a program that wont run on most computers. pointless

3.60GHz means nothing if the CPU is still crap. My Pentium 4 was running at 3.00GHz. Does that make it better than everyone elses (and different CPUs) that's running at 2.80? Nope.

The program isn't a lost cause. Unfortunately, your computer is.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Is that game CPU demanding?