Major GSdx progress and monthly progress reports!
Instead of selecting Drect3d HW in gsdx, select OpenGL Hardware
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

One should consider removing directX at some point (in the future) when openGL is as fast and more precise than dx...

(you can start by making OGL default. Currently it looks to me like dx9/10/11 is a speedhack for amd gpus -> less accuracy but higher performance)
(06-14-2015, 09:54 AM)gregory Wrote: Mesa or Catalyst driver?

This news only deals with Nvidia MT driver but it is only a small part of the global picture Smile
* Geometry shader was enabled on Mesa => CPU bonus
* Improvement of Vertex streaming => CPU bonus (for heavy scene)
* + Various small changes.

I was using Catalyst for the a10-7850k, and I have an Nvidia 650ti in the pc with the i7-920.

I narrowed the speed boost down to this commit. https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/457
(06-14-2015, 08:40 PM)willkuer Wrote: One should consider removing directX at some point (in the future) when openGL is as fast and more precise than dx...

(you can start by making OGL default. Currently it looks to me like dx9/10/11 is a speedhack for amd gpus -> less accuracy but higher performance)

The Direct3D renderers shouldn't be removed if the OpenGL renderer is only fast on Nvidia cards. The OpenGL renderer can be the default renderer on systems with Nvidia cards, though.
(06-14-2015, 11:14 AM)gregory Wrote: So far nothing exists. However it would likely requires a recent GPU.
I have an lastest AMD GCN gpu, hah. Great. It seems it will works. Thanks!
Quote:Update I found it, Wow! OpenGL is bloody good looking and FAST. Playing Snake Eater in HW x3 and everything looks perfect. And those black spots are gone. Great work G
Thanks you.

Quote:Thank you so much!!! Finally Haunting Ground is being fixed, I need to learn about OpenGL and how to use it for windows, is there a comparison between Haunting Ground before and after? Since you mentioned there are some effect missing.
The game still miss a lots of effect but there are pending devs that might fix 1 or 2. You can easily compare current situation with the SW renderer.

Quote:I was using Catalyst for the a10-7850k, and I have an Nvidia 650ti in the pc with the i7-920.

I narrowed the speed boost down to this commit. https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/457
Oh nice! I didn't expect any improvement from it. It is quite cool Smile

Quote:One should consider removing directX at some point (in the future) when openGL is as fast and more precise than dx...

Quote:The Direct3D renderers shouldn't be removed if the OpenGL renderer is only fast on Nvidia cards. The OpenGL renderer can be the default renderer on systems with Nvidia cards, though.

GSdx without DX is not possible Tongue2 I hope ref will succeed to port my GL code to DX. Otherwise GL will be soon miles ahead of DX from an accuracy point of view Wink
(06-15-2015, 10:52 AM)gregory Wrote: GSdx without DX is not possible Tongue2 I hope ref will succeed to port my GL code to DX. Otherwise GL will be soon miles ahead of DX from an accuracy point of view Wink

The age of OpenGL is coming Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-15-2015, 11:03 AM)refraction Wrote: The age of OpenGL is coming Tongue
No and it will never be. Unfortunately, AMD will never release an usable GL driver.

AMD Windows users, please do some benchmark to compare DX/OGL (maybe the driver is fast, you know). Thanks.
(06-15-2015, 01:03 PM)gregory Wrote: No and it will never be. Unfortunately, AMD will never release an usable GL driver.

AMD Windows users, please do some benchmark to compare DX/OGL (maybe the driver is fast, you know). Thanks.

They may have fixed OpenGL recently with the 15.5 catalyst driver. Some users on Phoronix are reporting 2 to 3 times increase in fps with it for games like borderlands, and metro on Linux. http://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/lin...aces/page4
(06-15-2015, 05:17 PM)rLoke Wrote: They may have fixed OpenGL recently with the 15.5 catalyst driver. Some users on Phoronix are reporting 2 to 3 times increase in fps with it for games like borderlands, and metro on Linux. http://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/lin...aces/page4

That is awesome.