Major Lag
I am running;

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5GHz
4GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9600GT

I can run ANY new games without lag at all, yet with PCSX2 I get lag.

I tried playing Ratchet and Clank 3 earlier and I was getting 20fps.
I own the game and converted it to .ISO with software.

Here are some of my plugins with their settings:
[Image: 3dLbEp.png]
[Image: mStJhl.png]

Sponsored links

there's a few things you can do. Firstly grab a new version of pcsx2 from here http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
one of the speedhacks on that version "MTVU" will make a huge difference on your computer.

Secondly can the 9500GT do directx 10? if so, change to directx 10 hardware and use the sse4 version of gsdx (if you can)

hopefully thatll help a bit Smile Other speed hacks such as a mild amount of vu cycle stealing should help too!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

It's the clock speed of the processor that is an issue. Since you have a quad though MTVU in speedhacks in the latest build could help you a lot.

LAG is inherent in PS2 games not running full speed because the game code is in lock step with the framerate unlike PC games.

Edit: Yes iot can Refraction. Nvidia's DX10 Support started with the 8xxx Series.
(08-24-2011, 08:54 PM)refraction Wrote: there's a few things you can do. Firstly grab a new version of pcsx2 from here http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
one of the speedhacks on that version "MTVU" will make a huge difference on your computer.

Secondly can the 9500GT do directx 10? if so, change to directx 10 hardware and use the sse4 version of gsdx (if you can)

hopefully thatll help a bit Smile Other speed hacks such as a mild amount of vu cycle stealing should help too!

Tried both, they are both laggy.
Also I have tried EE and VU on 0 and 3 each, and it's still laggy.
The game is known to run slowly.
Be happy you're not trying to play Shadow of the Colossus or similar, as there are games even slower.
overclocking may help you , then. 2.5 ghz may not be enough for R&C series, unfortunately...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-24-2011, 09:10 PM)jesalvein Wrote: overclocking may help you , then. 2.5 ghz may not be enough for R&C series, unfortunately...

Can't overclock on my current CPU/Mobo setup.
Besides, I don't wanna go to that extent.

I'll try another game: Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition.
Just tried Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition, and it lagged too.
since your gpu is a bit weak too, tried setting gsdx internal res to native ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You just picked 2 of the more troublesome games. Sad

You'll have better luck with other games. Do use DX10, since your GPU can, and it's typically better.
Same thing goes for the SSE4.1 plugin; Your hardware supports it, so use it. Smile