Major Lag issue on PCSX2
I'm running PCSX2 on an ACER Aspire 5750G Laptop
Specs are:
Core i5-2410M
NVIDIA GT540M
4GB RAM

I'm trying to play Def Jam Fight For NY, and the lag makes the game pretty much unplayable.

Any tips on how to make this thing work would be immensely appreciated.

Sponsored links

What are your settings and what are the EE/GS percentages?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(11-19-2013, 08:48 PM)AlexRomanov Wrote: I'm running PCSX2 on an ACER Aspire 5750G Laptop
Specs are:
Core i5-2410M
NVIDIA GT540M
4GB RAM

I'm trying to play Def Jam Fight For NY, and the lag makes the game pretty much unplayable.

Any tips on how to make this thing work would be immensely appreciated.

unfortunately, a dual core @ 2.30 Ghz is quite weak for a medium demanding game like DJFFNY. You GPU won't help either.

try setting gsdx internal res to native and set all recommended speedhacks + ee cycle rate & vu cycle stealing to 1

and then, pray... because it's highly possible your machine won't be good enough to play this game properly.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-19-2013, 08:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: unfortunately, a dual core @ 2.30 Ghz is quite weak for a medium demanding game like DJFFNY. You GPU won't help either.

try setting gsdx internal res to native and set all recommended speedhacks + ee cycle rate & vu cycle stealing to 1

and then, pray... because it's highly possible your machine won't be good enough to play this game properly.

Hey thanks for the reply..I'm kind of an idiot, so I'm not quite sure how to do that. I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me how to do that
(11-19-2013, 08:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: unfortunately, a dual core @ 2.30 Ghz is quite weak for a medium demanding game like DJFFNY. You GPU won't help either.

I didn't know it was that demanding but you know a lot more than I do.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
gsdx internal res is in your plugins config.
speedhacks are in the speedhacks tab.

did you read this : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Co...tion-Guide
Also, weirdly enough. despite the game stuttering, the bar on top shows the framerate as being pretty high like. 50 to 60fps plus. Is this in anyway an indication of any sort of goof up in my setup?
not really.
speedhacks tend to fake fps counter
(11-19-2013, 09:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: not really.
speedhacks tend to fake fps counter

Ah right. so I made the chances that were recommended earlier and they definitely made a difference. But now whats happening is that in the beginning the game runs pretty fast but then in a minute or so begins to lag again, but not as much as it did before the config changes..any idea what could be causing this?
(11-19-2013, 09:18 PM)AlexRomanov Wrote: Ah right. so I made the chances that were recommended earlier and they definitely made a difference. But now whats happening is that in the beginning the game runs pretty fast but then in a minute or so begins to lag again, but not as much as it did before the config changes..any idea what could be causing this?

Either:

Your laptop is getting too hot and throttling it's speed down. Run Core temp to find out.

or

Your power plan isn't set to "High performance," make sure it is, and run plugged in.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD