Major playback issues
at the ppa page https://launchpad.net/~gregory-hainaut/+...ficial.ppa go to "adding ppa to your system" follow the steps to add the ppa then install PCSX2-unstable

Sponsored links

I had to go to work so I won't be able to do this until I get off. I'll post results when I do.
(09-01-2015, 08:13 PM)tiagoplacido Wrote: at the ppa page https://launchpad.net/~gregory-hainaut/+...ficial.ppa go to "adding ppa to your system" follow the steps to add the ppa then install PCSX2-unstable

(09-01-2015, 09:23 PM)m00py Wrote: I had to go to work so I won't be able to do this until I get off.  I'll post results when I do.

Alright I did everything you mentioned above.  Followed the directions on that website and booted the program with no changes made to the configurations.  Selected the .iso then hit System->Boot CDVD (full) and.. the program didn't even boot to the load animation - it just black screened, so I closed it out, rebooted again and this error log popped up:

Code:
/build/pcsx2.snapshot-9Hn5nE/pcsx2.snapshot-1.3.1~git20150810.084955/common/src/Utilities/Linux/LnxHostSys.cpp(64) : assertion failed:
   Function:  void SysPageFaultSignalFilter(int, siginfo_t*, void*)
   Thread:    MTGS
   Condition: false

Stacktrace:
[00] wxSpinCtrlBase::~wxSpinCtrlBase()          
[01] 0x0xf77c0410                                
[02] 0x0xf170047f                                
[03] 0x0xf1700a9f                                
[04] 0x0xf16d4592                                
[05] 0x0xf16cd8e0                                
[06] 0x0xf16e8da4                                
[07] 0x0xf16ef3c0                                
[08] 0x0xf16f9e82                                
[09] GSgifTransfer                              
[10] wxString::~wxString()                      
[11] wxSpinCtrlBase::~wxSpinCtrlBase()          
[12] wxSpinCtrlBase::~wxSpinCtrlBase()          
[13] wxSpinCtrlBase::~wxSpinCtrlBase()          
[14] 0x0xf67f9f70                                
[15] clone                                      

Just to clarify, like I said, I downloaded the UNSTABLE version as you told me to do.  Also worth mentioning:  I used to have three options for the GS component selector menu (two different ZZ Ogl PGs and one GSdx (GCC 4.8.4, SSE2) 1.0.0), and now I only have the one GSdx to choose from which didn't work before and doesn't work now.  

It's also completely worth mentioning that, as I've said before, I've already tried this exact installation and then some.  <-- That video's method was the only installation that got me as far as the glitchy play screens and that's because I was able to choose ZZ Ogl PG 0.3.0 as my GS component which seems to be the only thing that gets me into actual play screens, glitchy as they may be.
(09-02-2015, 06:33 PM)m00py Wrote: Alright I did everything you mentioned above.  Followed the directions on that website, put the BIOS I got from emuparadise into the /.config/PCSX2/bios folder and booted the program with no changes made to the configurations.  Selected the .iso then hit System->Boot CDVD (full) and.. the program didn't even boot to the load animation - it just black screened, so I closed it out, rebooted again and this error log popped up:
1 - Your graphics card is the one at fault it doesn't support the necessary OGL extensions
2 - I will not give more support because dwonloading a bios from the internet is iligal
(09-02-2015, 06:46 PM)tiagoplacido Wrote: 1 - Your graphics card is the one at fault it doesn't support the necessary OGL extensions
2 - I will not give more support because dwonloading a bios from the internet is iligal

What are you talking about? I didn't download a BIOS from the internet. Maybe you should read my post again.
No you just edit your post look at the quote of my previous post (emuparadise)
(09-02-2015, 06:54 PM)tiagoplacido Wrote: No you just edit your post look at the quote of my previous post (emuparadise)

No idea what you're talking about. Anyway, so it IS my graphics card then huh? I guess I'll be getting a new card soon then.
(09-02-2015, 06:59 PM)m00py Wrote: No idea what you're talking about.  Anyway, so it IS my graphics card then huh?  I guess I'll be getting a new card soon then.

Don't try to fool others, I did also see your initial post which mentioned that you got the bios from the specific website. Also, the quoted post (your post) on tiagoplacido's post is indeed accurate to your initial unedited post.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go