Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a Newegg PC. Need pointers on compatibility and assembly.
I was planning on buying this pc: Link

However, someone else here recommended that I build one from Newegg, and showed me some suggestions for parts. My biggest issue is that I don't know whether or not the parts will be compatible, and, even if they are, how to assemble the pc. For lack of a better method, I will post links to the individual parts from Newegg. I would really like to now if they will all work together, if I am missing anything, and why this processsor is better than the one in the pc mentioned above even though it says it has less GHZ.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6 (I couldn't find whether or not this comes with the appropriate power cord. Will I need to buy this separately? )

Part 7

Part 8

Also, keep in mind that the price is supposed to be under 500 dollars, so that's why some things may seem outdated (I don't really know, I'm just assuming.) I know this is a lot, and all help is appreciated.

Sponsored links

Yeah, all of those parts will work together. You might want to look at their DIY (Do it Yourself) combos as well. I run an AMD A10-5800K with 8GB of RAM and it handles almost every game I have for PCSX2 (I have over a hundred and fifty) and everything else I have thrown its way (including ripping and playing my Blu-Ray collection with no problems (they have a combo http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundl...bo.1094429 ) with just a smaller SSD and needing a dvd drive. Or You could get a decent Intel combo (currently out of stock but always keep looking) like this with a 1TB HDD ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundl...bo.1068942 ). Just a few more suggestions but you ultimately need to do what feels right for you.

Oh....and depending upon how picky you are (which I am very picky) you may want to invest in a better video card with the AMD which kinda defeats the purpose of the APU but sometimes switching between integrated software and the dedicated GPU helps.
Current Specs......AMD A10-5800K @ 3.8Ghz, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB SC, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz, 250GB WD (Old but still works) , 3TB WD Barracuda, Apevia 500Watt P.S., Lite On Ihes112-04 BD-ROM, Toshiba 24' 1080P LED TV
(02-07-2013, 07:36 AM)Rascula Wrote: Yeah, all of those parts will work together. You might want to look at their DIY (Do it Yourself) combos as well. I run an AMD A10-5800K with 8GB of RAM and it handles almost every game I have for PCSX2 (I have over a hundred and fifty) and everything else I have thrown its way (including ripping and playing my Blu-Ray collection with no problems (they have a combo http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundl...bo.1094429 ) with just a smaller SSD and needing a dvd drive. Or You could get a decent Intel combo (currently out of stock but always keep looking) like this with a 1TB HDD ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundl...bo.1068942 ). Just a few more suggestions but you ultimately need to do what feels right for you.

Oh....and depending upon how picky you are (which I am very picky) you may want to invest in a better video card with the AMD which kinda defeats the purpose of the APU but sometimes switching between integrated software and the dedicated GPU helps.

I really like the look of that first link you showed me. I already have a video card. (It's a VisionTek Radeon x1300) Also, I could just order the dvd drive I linked above. Will the PSU come with the power cord, or is that separate? I also couldn't see any usb ports. Are there any?
The case that you chose has 2 usb 2.0 ports and your motherboard has 4 usb 2.0 ports. All power supply is suppose to come with a power cord unless it is stated otherwise.
Forget about even thinking to slide that x1300 into APU based system, it's way slower than integrated graphics which come with even the worst of the APU's and way to old to be compatible to use them both as well. Just yeah, forget you have it, it's junk part considering anything else you can have. O.o

Usefull tips when listening others:
- if somebody tells you his amount of RAM when telling how fast his system is, you should get a red light warning and stop listening to what he says;p.
- if somebody tells you your mobo has more usb than case ignore that as well, case has those usb at the front which you can additionally connect, usb listed on the mobo are all getting through the back;].
Yeah I was just mean and told you to ignore what those two other dudes were saying as they seem to have little idea about what they write about ;d

The system you listed yourself with Phenom II is more than fine, BTW if you didn't yet forget about comparing cpu's by their clock, depending on architecture same clock results in different speeds FX cpu's are weaker than phenoms and those already are far behind intel icore cpu's, still very decent for a budget system through. The only thing you'll additionally want would be a better cooling, couse box one is usually bad in phenoms, often reaching jet engine features, unfortunately only in noise created and you'll want to OC that cpu for sure;p. Your choice in hdd is quite bad, unless you have something better already that 5400 rpm will hold your system down. It's good enough to store iso's, but you should consider getting at least 7200rpm for system partition, ssd would be perfect, but well that's not much of a budget part, if you don't care about load times and system speed it's not really anything crucial;p.

In case that still bothers you, then yes, this PSU will come with correct power coord(two actually while you'll need only 1 for that gpu;p). You could safely get a 500W PSU instead 600W one if you find a good one cheaper, that system at max will need like 300W over 12V line(nowadays 400W psu'a already give as much;p) to boot and much less while running anyway;p. Hell, if you plan to go with amd gpu like that hd7850 and not planning to touch Nvidia ones, this PSU would be already be enough for that system(and have correct power coord as well) and that's even if you OC it.(and it should be a bit more efficient, couse they're made to work better under heavier load) Requirements on gpu can say different, but that's only couse they want to be at safe side;p, people often have very crappy psu's and their 500W gives less power than a good 400W PSU lols;p.
(02-07-2013, 08:58 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Usefull tips when listening others:
- if somebody tells you his amount of RAM when telling how fast his system is, you should get a red light warning and stop listening to what he says;p.
- if somebody tells you your mobo has more usb than case ignore that as well, case has those usb at the front which you can additionally connect, usb listed on the mobo are all getting through the back;].
Yeah I was just mean and told you to ignore what those two other dudes were saying as they seem to have little idea about what they write about ;d

Just shows how little attention you paid to what I wrote as well as how ignorant you are. I NEVER said my computer was fast because of the RAM. I merely stated what MY systems specs were and stated what I have experienced with MY system while running PCSX2 along with many other emulators, ripping and playing blu-ray movies (which can be tasking), and all the other daily tasks BECAUSE I HAVE A NEARLY IDENTICAL SET-UP! FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE I believe its called?! I also stated that they (shelb105) need to do what THEY feel is best for themselves, I did NOT tell them what to do. Obviously, your a f**king troll looking to start $h!t with people. The links posted were nothing more than SUGGESTIONS in the general price range of what they were looking to spend.
Current Specs......AMD A10-5800K @ 3.8Ghz, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB SC, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz, 250GB WD (Old but still works) , 3TB WD Barracuda, Apevia 500Watt P.S., Lite On Ihes112-04 BD-ROM, Toshiba 24' 1080P LED TV
(02-07-2013, 08:58 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Forget about even thinking to slide that x1300 into APU based system, it's way slower than integrated graphics which come with even the worst of the APU's and way to old to be compatible to use them both as well. Just yeah, forget you have it, it's junk part considering anything else you can have. O.o

Usefull tips when listening others:
What are you talking about? I never said his motherboard has more usb then his case. Way to twist peoples posts about.
so you didnt trust my build and just wacked it over to another topic?
thanks for nothing i guess >.>

and OFCOURSE there is a powercord with that psu -,-

that pc i made for you is a beast of a machine and can handle almost all pcsx2 games AND ALLpc games with ease.
i dont understand why you are so doubtfull about that build
------------------------
------------------------
trolling mode: ACTIVE!
(02-07-2013, 12:55 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: so you didnt trust my build and just wacked it over to another topic?
thanks for nothing i guess >.>

and OFCOURSE there is a powercord with that psu -,-

that pc i made for you is a beast of a machine and can handle almost all pcsx2 games AND ALLpc games with ease.
i dont understand why you are so doubtfull about that build

It's a good config indeed, anyway i have a couple of suggestions: RAM@1866MHz are way to fast, a Phenom II gives its best performances with 1333MHz so maybe it's possible to save something.
I would prefer a mobo with newer chipset (with USB 3.0), and maybe 8GB of RAM (nowadays DDR3 are cheap but when there will be DDR4, DDR3 will start to increase in price, so it's better to buy today if that PC has to live for many years).
FX-6300@4.4GHz | Noctua NH-U9B SE2| Asrock 990FX Extreme3| Sapphire HD7850 2GB| 2*4GB AMD Performance Memory 1600MHz Cas8| Intel X-18M 80GB G1| Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB| WD Caviar Green 2TB| Samsung S24B300 (LG Flatron L1720P)| Antec Three Hundred| Gigabyte GT-E8000| OCZ StealthXStream 2 600W| Gigabyte GM-M6800
(02-07-2013, 06:47 AM)shelb105 Wrote: I was planning on buying this pc: Link

However, someone else here recommended that I build one from Newegg, and showed me some suggestions for parts. My biggest issue is that I don't know whether or not the parts will be compatible, and, even if they are, how to assemble the pc. For lack of a better method, I will post links to the individual parts from Newegg. I would really like to now if they will all work together, if I am missing anything, and why this processsor is better than the one in the pc mentioned above even though it says it has less GHZ.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6 (I couldn't find whether or not this comes with the appropriate power cord. Will I need to buy this separately? )

Part 7

Part 8

Also, keep in mind that the price is supposed to be under 500 dollars, so that's why some things may seem outdated (I don't really know, I'm just assuming.) I know this is a lot, and all help is appreciated.

Shelb I've been building custom PC's since 1993ish. I just built 6 cheap high performance PC's for work for about $250 a piece using parts from newegg. If I were you I would ignore these guys arguing back and forth (no offense guys but it's not helpful to a new builder) and just look at Tom's Hardware for build suggestions. Those guys really know their stuff and are usually right on the button for bang for the buck. Don't try to save money by using an existing case or power supply that leads to big problems in the long run. Just remember there are only a few parts to building a pc. Motherboard, Memory, CPU, CPUFAN, Powersupply, Harddrive, Blueray, and optional graphics card. Buy a case with the right fans. 80mm or bigger. Sound cards are a waste of money these days motherboard sound is more than adequate.

System Builder Marathon, Q4 2012: $500 Gaming PC
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/budg...,3364.html

These parts are probably cheaper than they were at the time.

If you need any suggestions or help send me a pm.