Massive Slowdown
When I originaly installed pcsx2 on my new laptop it ran well, no slowdown at all on any game, except DQ8.

A week or so later i went to go use the emulator and every thing ran 30 fps or lower. i have tried lots of things to fix this but im not sure why this is happening.

Sponsored links

Could be heat problem, could be some energy saving feature kicking in. Try setting the power profile in your windows control panel to high performance and check the temperatures with a program like CoreTemp.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(01-21-2011, 11:50 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Could be heat problem, could be some energy saving feature kicking in. Try setting the power profile in your windows control panel to high performance and check the temperatures with a program like CoreTemp.

It isn't a heat problem.. I have an alienware M17X laptop, it has a special cooling system, in other words it is full of fans >.<... I am already running on high performance...

i really dont get it. It is as if pcsx2 just decided one day - 'you know what? f*#k you!'
did you run in batteries??...if so try run w/ the AC power was plugged-in.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
If you have any temp monitoring software like speedfan, see what temp your cpu hits
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Maybe viruses ? Too many errors in the registry ? Others applications running at the same time ? Fragmented files ?
All those things may slowdown your pcsx2... It's rare if it is so massive as you say, I think it must be a background-process wich is consuming CPU.
you probably changed your driver profile or something. update your directx and review all installed software that is on at startup. any antivirus? any virus? lol

try uninstalling and reinstalling pcsx2. i've had the same problem with other apps before.
well no viruses... but now lets see if this suff works.

thanks for the suggestions