Massive slow down in game, help?
Okay guys I finally got my X360 pad working. I load the game 'Tourist Trophy' via .iso. The title screen and selection screens run smoothly. As soon as I go to select a motorcycle, the game bogs down to a crawl. It's not immediate....more like a toy when the battery is about to drain out. Then in game play, it does the same thing. I have tried the speed hacks (all of them) however when I use any of them my pad will not work.

Sponsored links

What are you PC specs?
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0GHz
MOB: ECS A780GM-A
GPU: XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
RAM: 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 400MHz
(08-22-2010, 03:37 AM)DarkFang Wrote: What are you PC specs?

AMD Phenom II X4 910 2.66GHz
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
ATi Radeon HD4800 1GB GDDR5 (CCC 10.6)
ASUS M2N78 LA MB nVidia chipset
Dual Monitor configuration
VGA input for Sony 37" Bravia
HDMI input for HP 23" FPM
Windows 7 64-Bit
That can be either the game itself is too demanding or not yet totally playable, you need to apply some speed hacks or your internal resolution is set up too high. Probably a combination of the above.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(08-22-2010, 05:07 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: That can be either the game itself is too demanding or not yet totally playable, you need to apply some speed hacks or your internal resolution is set up too high. Probably a combination of the above.

Should I extract and burn the .iso to disc then? I've been running striaght from the .iso un-extracted.

Internal resolution, can you elaborate?

I tried the speed hacks, when they are used everything is better but it renders my XBOX360 pad useless for some reason.

Thanks guys I really appreciate the help!
Quote:Should I extract and burn the .iso to disc then? I've been running striaght from the .iso un-extracted.

There is no support for pirates. Read the rules especially #1.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
[quote='GamerGeek' pid='131288' dateline='1282452575']
Quote:Read the rules especially #1.

Read the first post and the title. I actualy own the game BTW. I just don't want to pop the disc in everytime. And it still does the same thing, slows down.
You don't need to modify your ISO in any way and it has nothing to do with the speed you get. What kind of FPS are we talking about? Show us your PCSX2 settings and GSdx settings. If you're still using 0.9.6 you should switch to 0.9.7 beta
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-23-2010, 09:36 AM)Bositman Wrote: You don't need to modify your ISO in any way and it has nothing to do with the speed you get. What kind of FPS are we talking about? Show us your PCSX2 settings and GSdx settings. If you're still using 0.9.6 you should switch to 0.9.7 beta

I am using the 0.9.7 beta. When the game starts I get around 55 - 70fps. But....as soon as I go to the motorcycle selection screen; the fps drops way down to 4-13fps. And when the game starts I get around 0.5fps.

Tried the speed hacks but when I did my XBOX 360 controller was useless.

I will post images later on of what I have selected and what I don't.

Thanks man!
Hmm if you get that kind of slowdowns it is surely an emulation bug. I suggest you try running the game with GSdx set to software renderer, sometimes it works better when hardware mode hits serious bugs.
[Image: newsig.jpg]