Maximo vs Army of Zin
ive just started to play this game, and using the GSdx plugin, i get a shadow effect that seems to stick to any position on the screen maximo has touched. heres a screenshot to show what i mean.

Now ive tried running it with all different settings, hacks, gamefixes, resolutions (native included) and nothing. Software mode does, however, fix this issue, though renders the game a little too slow to play properly.

however, i have also tried the ZeroGS plugin, and found that using these settings:

i was able to fix the issue, though it appears this occured due to the shadow being removed completely, as can be seen here:

is there any way to fix up the GSdx plugin so it fixes this issue? zerogs is kinda like a faster software mode visually to me, but it just looks much smoother in GSdx hence why i would like to know if there is a fix for this, or if this could possibly be looked into for creating a fix?

EDIT - thought id add...

ELF (cdrom0:\SLES_517.59;1) Game CRC = 0x86E533E0, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_517.59;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.03
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL

and using SVN 4868
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming

Sponsored links

You can try using the "alpha hack" or skipdraw hacks in GSdx, somethink like 2-3 for skipdraw is usually enough for those shadows, on the other hand if you're already using any of the hacks you should try disabling them.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Tried both of those but no change. Also tried higher skip draw values but nothing changed.
in case it could help things some more, here is a GS Dump for anyone who could possibly look into fixing this issue:

GS Dump Download
bumping it up to see if there has possibly been anything recent that could fix this issue?
Perhaps you can try with gsdx r.24xx around that if make any better or some gsdx hacks shadeboost from 3 party is worth to try.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Ani fix for shadow problem on this game ?
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go