Memory Card problems
Hello guys. So, this is my problemm, today I updated my pcsx2 to the lastest svn (r5703) and things started to act very bad, first I was having crashing problems with PCSX2 but I was able to track down the probem and fix it, but I had one more problem and I am not able to fix it.

The thing is, my memory card isn't working, yesterday I was playing and everything was ok but today, after updating, the memory card isn't working. When I start a game It says that there is not a memory card inserted. I tried to use the old version I was using but the problem was still there, I formated the memory card, create a new one, use a fresh version of PCSX2 but nothing seems to work so I'm recurring to you guys to see if this problem can be fixed.

Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/PyeTewCf

My specs: AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (AMD Radeon HD 7560D) 3.20GHz
8GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I have to say that I've never had problems with PCSX2, almost all the games runs perfectly but there was something bad with that last svn that ruined it or something.

Anyways, thanks for youur help and sorry if my English is bad, have a good day.

EDIT: I remember I deleted the memcard folder (have a backup) to create a new one but when I open PCSX2 to create a memcard It said that the Operating System didn't allow the archive to be created or something like that.

Sponsored links

move your whole pcsx2 folder to c:\ or any other drive.
Then, manage your folders permissions and remove the read-only access rights on any folder (especially the memcard one)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Open your memory cards menu, choose from list then click insert.
If your memcard doesn't exist copy your memcard previous folder to new memcard folder where you extract your pcsx2 latest svn.
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
(07-20-2013, 11:31 AM)Chicany Wrote: Hello guys. So, this is my problem...

... formated the memory card, create a new one, use a fresh version of PCSX2 but nothing seems to work ...

Thanks for reporting it. r5703 adds support for PSX mem cards and checksum to detect corruption.

We'd appreciate if you could report the exact symptoms here: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=5703

Also, please try to refrain from statements like "nothing works" etc. A better report would look like:

1. I did A, then B, then C.
2. I was expecting D to happen.
3. But instead, E happened.
4. The same sequence works fine in revision xxx, but doesn't work in revision yyy.

And, of course, fill up A,B,... etc properly.

The main goal of a proper bug report is that others (specifically - developers) could reproduce the bug on their own system - which is the first thing they need to be able to do before they can fix it.

Thanks.
(07-20-2013, 02:49 PM)billyash Wrote: Open your memory cards menu, choose from list then click insert.
If your memcard doesn't exist copy your memcard previous folder to new memcard folder where you extract your pcsx2 latest svn.

If you'd read at least the start of the log, you would see the memory cards are actually inserted.
There's an auto eject message here and there though. That shouldn't happen unless savestates are used.

And the error message on creation: memcard was enabled but had an invalid file name. Aborting automatic creation.

@Chicany: Can you upload your memory card files please?

#EDIT: Actually, just upload your entire PCSX2 folder with the memcards included please. I just couldn't reproduce it. =S
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Here's my pcsx2 folder: http://www.mediafire.com/?q41o4z92d2fqdrv

I'll report the bug later today because I'm not at home. Thanks for everything guys!
That folder has this setting, that for a start could not find the other memcards in the directory: MemoryCards=\\Users\\FOS\\Desktop. Your log however, shows the proper directory being used so something was changed.

The memcards provided in the folder are indeed blank. Are these the old memcards or the new blank you created?
Other than that, the auto eject message shows up when changing memcards live, which is proper behavior.

I could not reproduce the issue. =S

You got the svn update from the pcsx2's site? Cuz I remember one time I downloaded a build that included a memcard folder... with blank memcards. Lost some good saves from that. >_<

PS: Why there was no DEV9null plugin?
Those are the new memcards I created after all this problem, these are the old ones: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d7zo64...mcards.rar
The memcard directory is diferente because I changed it to see if It could be fixed changing the directory but nope.

I always download the svn from the pcsx2's site so it's a safe svn. The plugin is not there because I must have deleted It for some reason (maybe to see if that was the problem x: ) but it's in the folder now and the problem is still there. Also, as I mentioned early, I tested with a fresh install and nothing changed.
Those memory card files have nothing in them, nothing at all. Every byte is 0xFF. =S