Memory card corrupted, please help...
(12-01-2013, 03:49 AM)Hall of Famer Wrote: Okay thats great, thank you so much. Heres the download link for the corrupted memory cards:
https://www.mediafire.com/?iist45zemhjc9jo

On a side note, I was right after completing Misha's first cosmosphere after forging the lightning bolt green magic, if my files are beyond fixing but you have a save slot that goes right at that point Id appreciate it too.

Well, this sucks. I opened your memory card in a hex editor, my plan was to extract the raw save data and then put it on a good card.

The problem is, the save data itself is corrupted. The directory structure is in a completely different part of the file than the save data, and I can't merge them back together.

Also, the earliest save I have is in phase 3, 35 hours into the game.

You might request one here:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...tes-thread

I'm sorry I couldn't help. It always really upsets me when people lose a save, because it happened to me one time and I was literally heartbroken. Hundreds of hours of work just gone.

Sorry >_<

If you have to replay it though, I think it's worthwhile. Ar tonelico is one of my favorite games(actually Ar tonelico 2 is my second or third favorite game ever)
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

Its okay I understand, I was well-prepared for that after trying to open the memory card file with mymc alpha 2.6 which gave a root directory corrupted/damaged message. Thank you very much for offering to help anyway, I guess I will give up on Ar Tornelico for now and play another game for now. Since restarting the game immediately can be boring, its better if I restart it like say a few months from now. I just have to make a backup save whenever I finished saving the game, it may come in handy. *sigh* The good news is, well, I was barely 4 hours into the game so its not that big of a loss.

Come to think about it, I did have a similar experience with FFXII before, when the memory cards corrupted on me after almost 10 hours into the game. I restarted it over too, it was unfortunate. I eventually gave up playing 'cause the game was way too slow on my old laptop, now the good news is that the game does run at full speed with a new alienware laptop.

So I wonder, does frequently saving the game increases the chance for your memory cards to corrupt in PCSX2? Its important to me since I am this kind of guy who saves whenever I can and save at multiple files/slots.
I save all the time and never have any problems. I save so much that I got a trophy in Ar tonelico 3 called "Save obsession syndrome" for saving over 100 times in a single playthrough.

What I do just in case is make a save state every now and then. That way you have card saves and a state. If one gets messed up, you can use the other.

In fact I've never had a memory card problem in PCSX2. I did have a save state get borked one time, but I just used my memcard save.

You can make a save state by pressing F1 while the game is running.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-01-2013, 04:25 AM)Hall of Famer Wrote: So I wonder, does frequently saving the game increases the chance for your memory cards to corrupt in PCSX2? Its important to me since I am this kind of guy who saves whenever I can and save at multiple files/slots.

I don't thinks so but it's not ou to the realm of possibility, btw how do you like your new pc.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I see, weird this kind of memory card corruption problem happens to me twice already. Good it never happens to you though, but if its frequently occurring the PCSX2 dev team will notice it and make sure it doesnt happen. Its only a problem when only a few users get problems like this.

(12-01-2013, 04:31 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: I don't thinks so but it's not ou to the realm of possibility, btw how do you like your new pc.

The new alienware PC is great, it runs super fast and rejects heat 10x better than the old HP laptop. PCSX2 runs at full-speed 60FPS, so everything is good so far minus the savedata corruption. *sigh* (But it has nothing to do with my new PC anyway)
(12-01-2013, 04:37 AM)Hall of Famer Wrote: I see, weird this kind of memory card corruption problem happens to me twice already. Good it never happens to you though, but if its frequently occurring the PCSX2 dev team will notice it and make sure it doesnt happen. Its only a problem when only a few users get problems like this.

The new alienware PC is great, it runs super fast and rejects heat 10x better than the old HP laptop. PCSX2 runs at full-speed 60FPS, so everything is good so far minus the savedata corruption. *sigh* (But it has nothing to do with my new PC anyway)

Awesome I'm happy I didn't help recommend a something you don't like.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Oh no problem, its working pretty well for me although I get some black lines every now and then. Its not a problem with Ar Tornelico since it only happens at rare occasions, but with another game these black lines are there all the time Is there a way to fix them? I tried to change graphic settings but cant do it since whenever I click the configure button for GSDX 5764 v0.1.16 the emulator crashes. Btw I do get some weird error messages, they dont seem to stop the game from working but may be the cause of these black lines?

Quote:Path: D:\Entertainment\Games\PCSX2\pcsx2-5765-windows-x86\plugins\DEV9ghzdrk-r5764.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: D:\Entertainment\Games\PCSX2\pcsx2-5765-windows-x86\plugins\DEV9ghzdrk-r5764.dll
Path: D:\Entertainment\Games\PCSX2\pcsx2-5765-windows-x86\plugins\DEV9ghzdrk.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: D:\Entertainment\Games\PCSX2\pcsx2-5765-windows-x86\plugins\DEV9ghzdrk.dll
Path: D:\Entertainment\Games\PCSX2\pcsx2-5765-windows-x86\plugins\ZZOgl-cg-r5764.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: D:\Entertainment\Games\PCSX2\pcsx2-5765-windows-x86\plugins\ZZOgl-cg-r5764.dll
Path: D:\Entertainment\Games\PCSX2\pcsx2-5765-windows-x86\plugins\ZZOgl-cg.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: D:\Entertainment\Games\PCSX2\pcsx2-5765-windows-x86\plugins\ZZOgl-cg.dll
Path: D:\Entertainment\Games\PCSX2\pcsx2-5765-windows-x86\plugins\ZZOgl-r5764.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: D:\Entertainment\Games\PCSX2\pcsx2-5765-windows-x86\plugins\ZZOgl-r5764.dll
Path: D:\Entertainment\Games\PCSX2\pcsx2-5765-windows-x86\plugins\ZZOgl.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: D:\Entertainment\Games\PCSX2\pcsx2-5765-windows-x86\plugins\ZZOgl.dll

Edit: I can get rid of these black lines by pressing F9 to enter software mode, but is it a good idea to use software mode? I mean, any side effects like game slowing down or crashing?
(12-01-2013, 05:18 AM)Hall of Famer Wrote: Oh no problem, its working pretty well for me although I get some black lines every now and then. Its not a problem with Ar Tornelico since it only happens at rare occasions, but with another game these black lines are there all the time Is there a way to fix them? I tried to change graphic settings but cant do it since whenever I click the configure button for GSDX 5764 v0.1.16 the emulator crashes. Btw I do get some weird error messages, they dont seem to stop the game from working but may be the cause of these black lines?

Edit: I can get rid of these black lines by pressing F9 to enter software mode, but is it a good idea to use software mode? I mean, any side effects like game slowing down or crashing?

I get those messages too... I'm not sure what they mean. The drawbacks of software mode are it's slower and limited to native resolution. But it's actually more compatible than hardware mode.

What game is giving you black lines? Certain Namco games do that unless you set the resolution to native, or 1200xsomething, just so long as the x value is 1200.
Actually both Ar Tornelico and Growlanser 3 are giving me those black lines, which I can bypass with software mode. The software mode does not seem to run slower, its still around 60FPS for me anyway. I was more worried about other possible side effects, like whether using software mode will cause the game to crash or save data to corrupt.
(12-01-2013, 05:43 AM)Hall of Famer Wrote: Actually both Ar Tornelico and Growlanser 3 are giving me those black lines, which I can bypass with software mode. The software mode does not seem to run slower, its still around 60FPS for me anyway. I was more worried about other possible side effects, like whether using software mode will cause the game to crash or save data to corrupt.

Are you talking about the black lines around the characters faces in Ar tonelico?

That can be fixed by running at native resolution. There are also Hardware hacks for it, but I never had luck with them. But to use them you go to Config->Video->plugin settings. Then click the configure button towards the middle of the screen by the tick box for HW hacks. In there, set the half option(shaded box, not checkmark) for Sprite and WildArmsOffset. Then make sure the tick box for enable HW hacks is set.

This might help, might not. YMMV. It doesn't work for me, but running in native resolution works fine, and is faster than software.

Edit: And again, there is nothing to worry about running software mode. It is more stable and compatible than hardware mode. Hardware mode lets you do things like upscale, texture filtering, etc, which the PS2 was never designed to do. Software mode focuses on emulating the graphics synthesizer as accurately as possible.