Memory card corrupted, please help...
Well I just got my new laptop capable of running PCSX2 and started playing a game called Ar Tornelico. It went fine until about 4 hours into the game, when I received a terrible error that prevented me from saving the game. I quit the game and reenter, but then it keeps saying that the memory card is not formatted. I believe the card is corrupted, but how could this even happen? Is there a way to recover the data? I dont want to have to restart over...

Sponsored links

You have to format the memory card before you can use. it.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
But I've been saving the game without errors for like 4 hours, how come it just happened all of a sudden? Yes I did not format the memory card at the very beginning, but the emulator never asked me to format it and the game was able to save until now.
(12-01-2013, 03:15 AM)Hall of Famer Wrote: But I've been saving the game without errors for like 4 hours, how come it just happened all of a sudden? Yes I did not format the memory card at the very beginning, but the emulator never asked me to format it and the game was able to save until now.

Hmm thats odd, did you maybe switch memory cards.
I dont think so, but perhaps I did press a key that does this. How to switch card btw?
(12-01-2013, 03:28 AM)Hall of Famer Wrote: I dont think so, but perhaps I did press a key that does this. How to switch card btw?

There is no key for that, you have to do it through the menus.

The way saving works in the original Ar tonelico in PCSX2 has given me problems before. Specifically, you know how you have 15 save slots in game? No matter which slot I choose, it ONLY saves the most recent one. Granted, this was about a year ago.

If all else fails and you can't get it back, I might have a save around where you were. Most of my saves are towards the end of the game on Aurica's path though.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Now that I'm looking at the emulator I don't think there is a way of switching memory cards on the fly, so I'm stumped.
(12-01-2013, 03:31 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: There is no key for that, you have to do it through the menus.

The way saving works in the original Ar tonelico in PCSX2 has given me problems before. Specifically, you know how you have 15 save slots in game? No matter which slot I choose, it ONLY saves the most recent one. Granted, this was about a year ago.

If all else fails and you can't get it back, I might have a save around where you were. Most of my saves are towards the end of the game on Aurica's path though.

Well thats a bit different. In my game I have only 12 slots, but I can save anywhere I want to(granted that I am in the Inn or a camp location). I normally make use of all these slots to make sure I can go back to an earlier slot in case I want to restart at that point(possibly due to missing some items/quests that cannot be recovered). The save file started malfunctioning since I accessed the 11th save slot, and then the game keeps saying that the memory card is not formatted. Is there really nothing I can do other than starting over?
(12-01-2013, 03:39 AM)Hall of Famer Wrote: Well thats a bit different. In my game I have only 12 slots, but I can save anywhere I want to(granted that I am in the Inn or a camp location). I normally make use of all these slots to make sure I can go back to an earlier slot in case I want to restart at that point(possibly due to missing some items/quests that cannot be recovered). The save file started malfunctioning since I accessed the 11th save slot, and then the game keeps saying that the memory card is not formatted. Is there really nothing I can do other than starting over?

Attach your memcard here. I may be able to extract the save and put it on a good card for you.

You will need to compress the memcard so it's not huge. Alternatively you can upload it to a filehost somewhere.

If the save data is still in the card, even if it's corrupted, I'm pretty sure I can get at it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-01-2013, 03:43 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Attach your memcard here. I may be able to extract the save and put it on a good card for you.

You will need to compress the memcard so it's not huge. Alternatively you can upload it to a filehost somewhere.

If the save data is still in the card, even if it's corrupted, I'm pretty sure I can get at it.

Okay thats great, thank you so much. Heres the download link for the corrupted memory cards:
https://www.mediafire.com/?iist45zemhjc9jo

On a side note, I was right after completing Misha's first cosmosphere after forging the lightning bolt green magic, if my files are beyond fixing but you have a save slot that goes right at that point Id appreciate it too.