Memory card went *poof*
I'm not exactly sure what to do.

I had a windows installation on C:\, PSCX2 installation on D:\ (two partitions, same drive). I had the 'my documents' folder on D:\, "D:\Users\User\Documents".

I got a SSD, and installed windows. Relocated the 'my documents folder' to "D:\Users\User\Documents", again. Previous C:\ drive is now F:\.

I ran the emulator from D:\, and a new configuration wizard popped up. No problem there. I loaded up a game, and it said "No memory card found".

Now, the fun thing is, I have no "D:\Users\User\Documents\PSCX2" folder anymore.

What happened? I'm trying to run recuva to see if I can recover the old files (if they were ever overwritten), I don't wanna lose 200hrs of playtime Sad.

Sponsored links

Start PCSX2=>Config=>Memory Cards=>see from where pcsx2 is trying to load memory cards(if it's to the folder where you place your cards with saves)
(10-02-2012, 06:35 PM)vsub Wrote: Start PCSX2=>Config=>Memory Cards=>see from where pcsx2 is trying to load memory cards(if it's to the folder where you place your cards with saves)

For some reason, it says the memory cards are located in D:\temp.

If that's a temporary folder, does it mean my memory cards got overwritten? Is there any way to get them back?
The location there tell you that pcsx2 save and load cards from there.
The simplest thing to do(to load your cards)is to either place them there or just change the directory by using the Browse button.

PS.It's always good idea to have at least one backup of your cards
it's good u *poofed* it back :-)