Memory cards and RE4
Hello.

First thanks for this emulator, its really great and with my PS2 getting on in years will come in handy!

I am trying to play RE4 and it plays well but no matter what I do it will not save the game at the typewriters. I have been able to get it to save at chapter end but not at typewriters.

Also when I load a save Slot it no longer recognizes the memory card as formatted and fails when I tell it to format it in game.

I searched the forums, sorry in advance if this is a known issue.

Thanks again for the excellent software!
Biggrin

Sponsored links

(01-03-2014, 03:32 AM)DavidM Wrote: Hello.

First thanks for this emulator, its really great and with my PS2 getting on in years will come in handy!

I am trying to play RE4 and it plays well but no matter what I do it will not save the game at the typewriters. I have been able to get it to save at chapter end but not at typewriters.

Also when I load a save Slot it no longer recognizes the memory card as formatted and fails when I tell it to format it in game.

I searched the forums, sorry in advance if this is a known issue.

Thanks again for the excellent software!
Biggrin
Use a save state option....
Would that allow starting a game from a "completed" one, so you keep all your gear?
enter the "browser" from the bios use the "No disc" selection then format your memory card.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Ok, formatted through the PS2 Browser but the game still says "Save Failed" when I try to save via typewriter.
(01-03-2014, 06:40 AM)DavidM Wrote: Ok, formatted through the PS2 Browser but the game still says "Save Failed" when I try to save via typewriter.

what memcard you use to save game? Mem1 or mem2?
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
what memory card cap did you format??
8mb,16mb or 32mb????
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Please post the serial number of your game.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
I have tried with 8MB mostly, though I tried 16MB before posting my original post.

I am not sure where the serial number is, but looking at other serial numbers is it a file inside the ISO?

I see this file inside my ISO:

SLUS_211.34

-David
Yes, it's usually displayed as the title of the console window. That window will also show on start, the revision and date of the build you're using. Would you mind posting that too please? Go to Misc -> Show Console to enable it.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]