Memorycards do not work?
Yet another question. This one doesn't seem solvable by plug-ins, however.

Whenever I start games, I can't seem to create a savefile since my memorycards can't be found. I'm not using a SCPH10000.BIN BIOS-file, so that can't be the problem. There are two files in my memorycards folder, I checked those out by using the Config > Memorycards menu option.

What could be wrong here?

Sponsored links

You must format your memory cards by running your BIOS.
Do this by using Cdvdnull as plugin and hitting run->execute.
Or use these already formatted memcards found in this thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2332.html

Oh also check your PM please Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-13-2008, 01:27 AM)Bositman Wrote: You must format your memory cards by running your BIOS.
Do this by using Cdvdnull as plugin and hitting run->execute.
Or use these already formatted memcards found in this thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2332.html

Oh also check your PM please Tongue

I tried everything you suggested (and answered the PM), but still no result. The memory card can still not be found. I wonder what's wrong here.
Hmm in the memcard manager are the memcard files selected? Do it by pressing the select memcard button
(12-13-2008, 01:41 AM)Bositman Wrote: Hmm in the memcard manager are the memcard files selected? Do it by pressing the select memcard button

They are selected, yes.
Ok so it might be a game specific problem then.What are you trying to play? Memcards aren't detected in a few games,or seem 'unformatted'
If it happens with all games,try doing what I said before,getting into bios with Run->Execute and see if they show up there in the Browser
Well, I kept trying with RPG Maker 3 (NTSC) and am now trying to use Kingdom Hearts too (PAL).

Result of RPG Maker 3: Game plays, no memory cards are found.
Result of Kingdom Hearts: Game doesn't play, the console asks for a PSX or PS2 Format Disk.

I might try to test all my PS2 games tomorrow, I don't have a lot of time today.
Try deleting your two old mem card files and create new ones, format in BIOS ofc.
(12-13-2008, 03:32 AM)haobiao009 Wrote: Try deleting your two old mem card files and create new ones, format in BIOS ofc.

Still no luck. >_<

EDIT: I also tried running the Playground version, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
I have the same problem with Dead Aim. Says it can't find any memory cards no matter what I do.