Menu and Text will not show up
Hey,

I have a weird issue with PCSX2.
It's operational on my PC and games run at a decent speed. However, whenever I try booting the game with PS2 menu (Boot CDVD Full), the text for the menus do not show up.
In addition, the text for certain menus do not show up. When I play Kingdom Hearts or Tekken 5, the first menus do not show up (New Game/Load Game for the former, Arcade Mode/Options/ETC. for the latter).
Interesting enough, when I play KH and select what should be "New Game", the text for the difficulty selection menu DOES show up.

Any help for this bizarre problem?

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5-3750K (No OC)
GPU: Intel 4000HD (Integrated graphics)
RAM: 6GB

Sponsored links

I'm not expert, but it sounds like something the skipdraw hack would cause. Do share on the settings you're using.
Defaults + MTVU
GS Plugin: ZZ Ogl PG 0.4.0
ZZogl is quite old. Try GSdx software mode. I think mesa supports correct OpenGL version for Intel graphics.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Tried that. GSdx crashes on me.
bump?
sudo apt-get install mesa-utils
then... glxinfo | grep -i opengl
(show output from the terminal)

Then...Run pcsx2 from terminal
Note the output from the terminal log while running a game.

I suspect pcsx2 still does not like HD Intel graphics.

Forgot to add...do this while running a problem game with GSdx plugin. you can even try hardware mode and software mode. Make sure to distinguish which mode the errors are from.

(09-22-2013, 01:46 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: I suspect pcsx2 still does not like HD Intel graphics.
Not sure what you mean. Most games I've played on my laptop (Intel HD 4000 IG) work without many graphical bugs at all. The only thing is I can't push the graphics too much, but really I haven't noticed any major problems.

Games I've played with few to no bugs:

Amplitude (spoke too soon, maybe)
Frequency
SB:BFBB
SB:KFTKK
Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (runs slow on default settings, but playable with speed hacks)
...and quite a few others I don't remember the names of

On-Topic: Unless you have your heart set on emulating on Linux (whatever distro you choose), I'd suggest you dual-boot Windows 7 with whatever distro you want. Only, because you'll probably have a much easier time, and [possibly] end up having better options.
Hmmm...I guess mesa has improved on Intel graphics. So...seeing the error messages and terminal is therefore even more important.