Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
Alright, it it works, and it works well(what a GREAT game, they don't make them like this anymore) except for a couple issues.

1. I DO experience a little slowdown occasionally, so I'll OC my CPU and see what that does. EDIT: Threw on the MTVU speedhack and it seems to have helpeda fair amount.

2. I am getting horizontal hashmarks in vertical columns on the screen(which seem to be more visible parts of solid horizontal lines) . Sometimes this isn't prominent at all. Sometimes, especially on a lighter background, it is. Anyone know how to address it? Not a killer, but if I can do something about it I'd like to(It's pretty severe) .

Now for a couple generalized issues that I doubt are specific to Mercenaries, but I would very much appreciate any help with regardless:

The controls stick pretty dang badly(to the degree of making it unplayable) . This is especially an issue, obviously, with the control sticks. Sometimes I'll try and rotate left, and my little merc won't stop until he's executed a full 45 degree turn(or whatever) from where I wanted to stop. Or just whenever he feels like it. I'm running a PS3 controller and set up all the inputs via the pad plugin very easily, but there are additional options that I'm not too familiar with.

Thanks for all the help, guys. I would be up a creek without it.

Sponsored links

(12-15-2013, 05:17 PM)Silas Von Bayern Wrote: 2. I am getting horizontal hashmarks in vertical columns on the screen(which seem to be more visible parts of solid horizontal lines) .

Try a Custom resolution:

1260x1260
1365x1365
1200x1200
1200*1600 (inverted)
1080x1920
720x1280
1805x1026

These work for me for games that display vertical lines due to scaling. You may need to experiment with different values.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 [email protected], P8P67, ASUS HD7870 CUII, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
(12-15-2013, 05:36 PM)GeoMan Wrote: Try a Custom resolution:

1260x1260
1365x1365
1200x1200
1200*1600 (inverted)
1080x1920
720x1280
1805x1026

These work for me for games that display vertical lines due to scaling. You may need to experiment with different values.

As I look in the settings, it appears that running in SW mode prevents using a custom resolution(as it's greyed out unless I choose HW mode) . Is there a way around this? Some other fix, perhaps?
Yep, no custom resolution in software. In fact all of the hack fixes are disabled in software, because software focuses only on accuracy and not on leet graphcis or speed. I don't have the game to run any tests myself, unfortunately.

Maybe providing a screenshot of the issue can help us get an idea of what's up.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Sure thing, here you go:

http://i.imgur.com/2DpWjh0.jpg

(Not that it matters, but I've since been running the game in a full screen 16:9 ratio to fit my monitor.)

Interestingly, it's also present in the first youtube link in my OP.

I'm continuing to test the controller I'm using to determine if it's the settings in the emulator that's causing the "stickiness" and lack of responsiveness, or if it's a substandard controller(possible, I only just picked it up for this purpose) .
That's about what I'd imagined it looked like.

Well if this was hardware mode I'd have some suggestion for you... but not for software since you are pretty much stuck with the output looking like it does. Random though: Did you try OpenGL mode(set the same place you set software).

As for controller, test it out with something else. I had mild but tolerable input lag with my ps2 controller through a converter. Since I switched to dual shock 3, no lag at all.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I don't think there's anything you can do for the lines and such in SW mode. At least the game works now, however.
(12-16-2013, 12:06 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: That's about what I'd imagined it looked like.

Well if this was hardware mode I'd have some suggestion for you... but not for software since you are pretty much stuck with the output looking like it does. Random though: Did you try OpenGL mode(set the same place you set software).

As for controller, test it out with something else. I had mild but tolerable input lag with my ps2 controller through a converter. Since I switched to dual shock 3, no lag at all.

I believe I've solved the controller issue. I can't find where I should set OpenGL, though. All I can pick is various Direct3D 9 and various Direct3D 11 in the renderer menu. Is it hidden somewhere else?
OpenGL is only in the recent SVN builds of PCSX2. You can get those from the official site.
(12-17-2013, 12:59 AM)NarooN Wrote: OpenGL is only in the recent SVN builds of PCSX2. You can get those from the official site.

Well, believe it or not, running it in OpenGL(software) actually makes it picture perfect. Unfortunately, it also trashes the framerate. I don't suppose anyone knows a way to deal with that so I can keep running it in OpenGL(it's so pretty Sad)?