Mercinaries: Playground of Destruction Runs Terribly on a Good Computer?
Okay, so I was trying to get Mercinaries: Playground of Destruction working, which was listed as compatible.

At first there was strange colours and white covered the screen, but it ran perfectly at 60fps.

Then, I changed something to make that go away, however, the game runs at 5-20fps, probably because the screen isn't half-fully covered in white stuff.

The reason for even making this when others have already, is that all the threads I came across were people with terrible computers wondering why it didn't work smoothly. I have a pretty alright computer, custom built about 2 weeks ago.

My Specs:

CORE i7 3820/3.60GHz/10MB CACHE/LGA2011/4CORES/NO FAN
Intel Liquid Cooled Thermal Solution - LGA2011
X79/ATX/DDR3-2400/LGA2011/QPI/2PCIe 2.0/2xSATA3/USB3/GbLAN
16GB DDRIII 1333Mhz Desktop Memory
OCZ Vertex 3 60GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
1050W Game Xstream Power Supply
2TB 3.5" HDD, 7200RMP SATA, 64MB Cache
Blu-ray Writer Combo, SATA, 14x BD-R Read / Write, 16x DVD Read / Write, Retail Pack – Black
SSD HDD 100gb.
Inno3D PCIe GTX670 2GB OC iChill

I'm not going to list my settings for PCSX2 because they're terrible and what I suppose I want is a fresh list, because only one game has managed to work (Ratchet and Clank 3), and that has retarded textures sometimes.

Thank you for help in advance.

Sponsored links

Quote:Then, I changed something
and what is that "something"?
Quote:I'm not going to list my settings for PCSX2 because they're terrible
Are you sure you need help ?
No obe will help you if you eplicitely refuse to give some info...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-19-2012, 02:14 AM)fyshtako12 Wrote: Okay, so I was trying to get Mercinaries: Playground of Destruction working, which was listed as compatible.

At first there was strange colours and white covered the screen, but it ran perfectly at 60fps.

Then, I changed something to make that go away, however, the game runs at 5-20fps, probably because the screen isn't half-fully covered in white stuff.

The reason for even making this when others have already, is that all the threads I came across were people with terrible computers wondering why it didn't work smoothly. I have a pretty alright computer, custom built about 2 weeks ago.

My Specs:

CORE i7 3820/3.60GHz/10MB CACHE/LGA2011/4CORES/NO FAN
Intel Liquid Cooled Thermal Solution - LGA2011
X79/ATX/DDR3-2400/LGA2011/QPI/2PCIe 2.0/2xSATA3/USB3/GbLAN
16GB DDRIII 1333Mhz Desktop Memory
OCZ Vertex 3 60GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
1050W Game Xstream Power Supply
2TB 3.5" HDD, 7200RMP SATA, 64MB Cache
Blu-ray Writer Combo, SATA, 14x BD-R Read / Write, 16x DVD Read / Write, Retail Pack – Black
SSD HDD 100gb.
Inno3D PCIe GTX670 2GB OC iChill

I'm not going to list my settings for PCSX2 because they're terrible and what I suppose I want is a fresh list, because only one game has managed to work (Ratchet and Clank 3), and that has retarded textures sometimes.

Thank you for help in advance.

I'm taking a wild guess here...But did the "something" you changed involve either pressing f9 or switching GSDX to software mode in the plugin settings?....Hardware mode in this game seems to produce a (as previously mentioned elsewhere, so the threads on this aren't all about people with slow computers) lava lamp style effect - possibly due to post processing, but the actual game is fast as its in Hardware mode..You just can't play as you can't see it. Software mode does work but is obviously going to be slower as the rendering is done by the CPU...You don't mention any use of speedhacks so can't help further.

If you didn't change the game to software mode in order to make the "white stuff" go away, it would be interesting to know what you did do...However, the drop in frame rate does suggest that this may be what occured. Which version are you using? the NTSC/PAL version etc...As different region versions can have wildly different compatabilities.

Oh, and just because you have a fast pc, doesn't mean that you will be able to emulate all PS2 games perfectly/at full speed. It doesn't quite work like that. It will obviously help a lot though.

As jesalvein mentioned above, makes it kind of difficult to help without settings.